This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

The camel coat is an indispensable classic and an essential part of any winter wardrobe that works for almost any occasion. If you live in New York City, where, as November rolls around, the weather gets pretty cold and chilly, these coats are a definite must. Although fall and winter 2016 brought different coat trends such as bombers,  denim jackets and faux furs, a camel coat is  that one item that will always timeless. The best thing about this garment is that they can be worn for any occasion and match with pretty much everything.

Celebrities and fashion bloggers have a huge impact on the purchase decisions of consumers. As morepost their daily styles on their social media, these coats started taking over and became a huge trend. Max Mara has designed a wide variety of sleek and smart versions of the trendy piece, one which is completely tailored to perfection. Some fast fashion brands such as Zara and H&M have also opted to design different cozy options, which helped make the chic outerwear more affordable for everyone. As the camel coat proceeded to become a clothing icon, customers have started to choose this color instead of the usual, trendy black. Not only because it’s the new fashion statement, but because it gives a more sophisticated and classic look to your whole outfit.

Whether you’re dressed to kill or going for a run at the gym, you will always look pulled together with these camel coats. It’s the perfect item for fall and winter shopping. It is not only elegant and classy enough to wear in a cocktail party, but also very casual for jeans and yoga pants too. It’s most definitely considered to be the type of investment that customers will be wearing for future decades.

Here are some  picks for camel coats, for all budgets.

1) Balenciaga Coat, $2,815

If you’re looking for a slim fit and tailored coat, this camel coat from Balenciaga will be perfect.

2)  Balmain Coat, $4,690

This one has a very chic and feminine look to it, but its sharp shoulders make it stand out.

3) Max Mara coat, $3,490

Max Mara is known for its iconic camel coats. They have the excellent oversized fit.

4)  Ralph Lauren Coat, $255

A very cozy and classic coat from Ralph Lauren. It has three buttons in the front which makes it very easy to wear either open or closed.

5) Topshop Coat, $110

Looking for a double-breasted coat? Try this one from Topshop, available at topshop.com.

6) Boohoo Coat, $80

Although not as warm as the other options, this coat makes you look really chic with any outfit for just $80. It also gives you the opportunity to layer up if needed.

7) Theory Coat, $795

Here’s proof that nobody does simple and clean designs like Theory. It is the type of investment piece you’ll be wearing for years.

8) Moncler Coat $2047

If you want to look chic and be considered a street style icon, just put on this Moncler Fenelon two-piece coat with a removable vest. You’ll be talked about non-stop.

9) Michael Kors Coat, $154

For a very put-together and classy look, try this camel coat from Michael Kors.

10) Asos Coat, $113

This is one of the most classic coats out there. For a cold night out or a walk through the freezing NYC streets, this is the one coat that will surely keep you feeling comfortable and looking cute in the cold.

Meltem Sögök is a graduate student at LIM College where she is pursuing a degree in Fashion Merchandising and Retail Management. When she is not writing she can be found watching Netflix or adoring puppies at Central Park. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Meltem also interns for Max Mara USA at buying department.
Casey Miller is a graduate student studying Fashion Marketing at LIM College. While living New York City she has interned for two national magazines as well as womenswear designer Christian Siriano. She also runs her own blog and is a digital influencer for Cosmopolitan Magazine's Social Patrol. For all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle check out her blog www.frombeginningtotrend.com.