The Right Way to Start Your Monday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

Mondays are rough for everyone. It’s a day with the universal idea that everyone is going to riding the struggle bus and catching up on work they procrastinated in place of Sunday brunch. Keep reading for tips to start every Monday off right!

1) Wake up and slay

There is nothing wrong with looking yourself in the mirror and telling yourself how good you look today! Even if that mean grabbing your go-to bright lipstick, so be it girl! What’s a better way to start off the first day of the week than with confidence?

2) Go for a coffee run

Nothing says “wake me up” like a delicious cup of coffee. Therefore, go to the nearest Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts around you, and tell your favorite Barista to make the best cup of coffee yet.

3) Put your favorite sunglasses on

Having the right pair of sunglasses on is key to walking the streets of Manhattan with fierce; not even being late to class is a worry for you as long as play the “fashionably late” card.

4) Take your favorite planner and sticky notes to class 

Sometimes Mondays can be a blur for many of us (#guilty). I don’t know about you, but some odd reason Mondays tend to be the day where all your homework and projects are assigned to you. Here you are in class stressing, not knowing what’s the right place to write all these due dates on, but if you bring your favorite gold planner and the cutest quote sticky notes to class, your stress goes away. Not only are you being organized, but you are setting your week ahead successfully.

5) After a successful Monday, grab a “treat yourself” meal

There is nothing wrong with rewarding yourself after successfully surviving your Monday; even if it involves purchasing a large pie of pizza, or a burger with fries from Shake Shack. #nojudgements

Casey Miller is a graduate student studying Fashion Marketing at LIM College. While living New York City she has interned for two national magazines as well as womenswear designer Christian Siriano. She also runs her own blog and is a digital influencer for Cosmopolitan Magazine's Social Patrol. For all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle check out her blog www.frombeginningtotrend.com.