Meet Brieanne Langhorne

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LIM chapter.

Name: Brieanne Langhorne

Class Year: Freshman

Hometown: Wilkes Barre PA

Major: Marketing

Job/Internship: Lingerie Sales Specialist at Journelle

Extracurricular Activities: RHC, Student Mentor

Why did you choose LIM to complete your Bachelor’s degree? I chose LIM because I knew that I wanted to be in fashion but I am not an artist, so clearly, design school was not in the cards for me. LIM gives me the chance to explore this industry in a new light. I have learned through my experience in retail that I am a natural salesperson, which makes me shine as a marketing major.

Tell us about your LIM experience so far.

I have loved everything about LIM. I have gotten so many opportunities and have met amazing people here that support me and guide me through the everyday craziness that is New York City.

What are your career goals within the industry?

I want to work with a marketing firm to advertise and create strategies to sell products for a major company. My goal is to stay in lingerie.

You work full time as a lingerie sales specialist at Journelle, as well as go to school full-time, how do you balance it all?

I balance everything by being real with myself. You can not do it all in one day. I pace myself through homework and working at Journelle. My friends have taught me that my planner is my best friend. I would be nowhere without them. Everything in my life is a balancing act and I have a tendency to spread myself too thin. It is important to keep yourself grounded.

Do you have any advice for prospective students like yourself, who are attending college at an older age? I would tell anyone who wanted to know that moving to New York and attending school here was the best decision I could have made. Life is hard. Without an education and a solid foundation, you will go nowhere. Sometimes I feel like I don’t fit in with my classmates because they are so much younger than I am. On the flip side, I have taken my life experiences and helped a lot of my friends with problems they are going through, so I have found ways to adapt and be relatable with my peers.  

What’s next for you? There’s a lot next for me. I want it all. I just have to work hard to get it.

Casey Miller is a graduate student studying Fashion Marketing at LIM College. While living New York City she has interned for two national magazines as well as womenswear designer Christian Siriano. She also runs her own blog and is a digital influencer for Cosmopolitan Magazine's Social Patrol. For all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle check out her blog www.frombeginningtotrend.com.