Sofia Capretta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Sofia is a sophomore at Lehigh and is a very active part of student on campus. Sofia is a member of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority and very involved in various events put on through the Women’s center. Sofia is from California and although she misses the warmth of home, she also loves being at Lehigh.  Sofia can always be seen walking around Rauch or the rest of campus with a smile on her face.

Year of Graduation: 2015
Major:   Undecided in Business
Hometown:  Mill Valley, CA
Favorite Bethlehem restaurant: Blue Sky
Celebrity crush: Robert Downey Jr.

What are you involved in at Lehigh?
I am a part of Greek life, Break the Silence, and club lacrosse.

How has being a member of Break the Silence affected your Lehigh experience?
I applied to Break the Silence not really knowing that much about the club and kind of applied on a wimp and it has become a big part of what I am involved in on campus. I helped planed one of our biggest events, Take Back the Night this year. I believe being a part of Break the Silence is a special club because it is so relevant to the Lehigh social scene.

In addition, you are helping to plan for V day? Can you elaborate on that.
V day is a production to raise awareness for gender violence put on through the Women’s Center. The production will be on February 8th, 9th, and 10th and tickets are only $5.

What has been your favorite memory of Lehigh?
My favorite memory at Lehigh has probably been the first week back on campus of Sophomore year. Everyone was so excited to see each other after being apart all summer and we got to have fun without the stress of classwork yet.  

Where do you see yourself in ten years?
I am not exactly sure what I want to do with my life yet, but I want to be in a successful job where I am happy and surrounded by people that I look forward to working with each day.

McKenzie is currently a junior at Lehigh with a double major in International Relations and Spanish with a business minor. She loves being co-president of HC Lehigh and hopes to continue spreading the word about Her Campus all over Lehigh's campus.