Home for the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Home for the Holidays

Lehigh ladies, it’s almost that time of year where we can say goodbye to our final exams and hello to a relaxing break with friends and family. As we prepare for this winter break, here are some tips to stay fresh, fun and festive through the holiday season.

Get Your Shopping Done Early!

Whether buying your mom’s Christmas present, or finding the perfect Hanukkah gift for your best friend, make sure you stay on top of your gift hunting this holiday season. No one wants to be stuck in the situation where they are frantic on Christmas Eve, scrabbling to throw together a last minute gift. So, get to the stores early. Get the new merchandise while it’s hot. And of course, only pick the best of the best for your family and friends.

Hold a Secret Santa with your closest girlfriends!

There’s truly nothing better than Secret Santa. Sure, everyone’s curiosity runs them almost wild with this game, but it is also a nice way for every best friend to receive something special, while not spending a fortune on each one. Another plus of this secret Santa is that you can theme the exchange every year. Feeling sexy? Try a victoria’s secret theme? Need new shoes for just about every occasion? How about an “If the shoe fits” theme? Secret Santa’s are a great way to love the gift of giving this holiday season!

Bundle Up!

Now we all know that us ladies want to look our best for our much-anticipated Christmas and New Years parties this year. So, let’s remember to stay healthy through winter break! If you haven’t gotten your flu shot, hit the nearest CVS or Walgreens to make sure you avoid those cold sweats and high temps. Pulling all nighters for finals? Now is your chance to rest! Try to get at least eight hours through those cold, winter nights. Feeling a cold coming on? Get to the doctor and get some medication. No one wants to be sick on the holidays!

Take Advantage of Family Time

As much as we hate to admit it, our parents love us little college rascals more than anything. Take a night off from reminiscing with friends to appreciate your family. Make an event out of family time! Go to a play in the city, go ice-skating together, cook your favorite Holiday cookies with your mom, go gift shopping with your dad—the possibilities are endless, and they will appreciate just one night with you more than you know.

Relax, Relax, Relax

Last but certainly not least, take this time to kick back and relax. The stress of school is gone for almost a month! Take advantage of every second. Read a book that ISN’T required for school, watch every holiday movie you can get your hands on, freshen up with a haircut, manicure, and maybe even an eyebrow wax.  It’s that time of year to sit back, relax and enjoy the fun!

Well ladies, I hope everyone has a gleeful and joyous holiday this break, and remember to always stay fun, fresh and festive through this winter season!