Eye Love Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

From the natural eye to the smoky eye, having the right makeup can make or break your look. Whether you have a long day of class ahead of you or a date party to attend, there is always the right makeup for the occasion. If you’re ever lost between too much eyeliner during the day to not enough at night, here are some tips on creating the perfect palette.

1. Going to Class
It’s tough to pull a look together right before an early class, but creating the perfect natural eye is simple, sweet and easy to apply. To start, apply a nude shadow from the lashes to the brow. Then, take a light brown shadow and apply in the crease of the eye. Next, line the top of the eyelid with either a liquid liner or a dark brown shadow. To complete the look apply light blush to the apple of the cheek for a rosy finish. Try using the “Too Faced Natural Eye” palette to find the best shadows for a simple look.

2. The Formal
Rule of thumb: be formal for a formal. Nobody wants to be the date that “caked it on.” Creating a classic eye is the perfect balance of tasteful and over the top. To start, take a light shadow from the lashes to the brow. Then, mix a medium brown or grey shadow on the lid of the eye. Last, blend a dark brown or black into the crease of the lid and the line of the lower lashes. To finish the look, go bold with red lips and nude cheeks. Try using the “Urban Decay Naked” palette to create this look.

3. A Night Out
There is a fine line between raccoon eyes and perfect amount of dark eye shadow. But for a night out, let’s get sexy. Start by applying a light shadow from the lashes to the brow. Next, blend a sparkly peach or light brown shadow on the inner lid and around the tear duct. Last, apply a dark grey, black, brown, or even green to the outer lid, crease, and upper and lower lash lines. To finish the look, use a nude lip to really put the focus on your eyes. Try using the “Urban Decay Dangerous” palette to create this look.