Love Life Blog – Sex Sells

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Stuck in the world of size zero models with 30DD chests, I’m usually faced with some wannabe WAG on the bus stands on my walk into town. When I go into a club, I’m face to face with a shots girl with shorts the size of my knickers.

It’s almost inevitable that sex sells.

However, up until my trip through the Merrion centre, I had never related this to men.

Naïve, I know.

It’s a hot day, and I have just returned to Leeds. Walking from the train station to Hyde Park is a somewhat ambitious hike, equipped with months worth of clothes, but the heat has deluded my brain into thinking I have biceps.

Before I know it, I’m in the sacred shade of the Merrion centre. The smell of the carvery is both enticing and teasing, and for a brief moment, my concentration falters. This is all it takes. In that fatal moment of distraction, I am pounced on by a salesman.

Now, let us discuss the salesman.

He’s tanned in an ‘I workout in the great outdoors’ rather than ‘my money is spent sweating on a sunbed’ way. His eyes are a light blue, his teeth are pearly white and he smells almost edible.

I tell you, it’s not often Britain gets sunshine. It messes with my brain.

Before I know it, lovely salesman Scott is asking for my name, am I a student? Do I like watching movies? I’m hoping for potential date material. He’s hoping for my bank details. Which I give him, as soon as he asks. You want my home address? You want my bank details? Is there anything else I can give you? I’d like to add, on usual days (cold weather) I’m sensible with my bank security, I wouldn’t dream of handing someone my debit card. On this hot summery day, I disregarded that my bank balance is so very close to the red, I coincidentally forgot that I hate watching films and salesman Scott signed me up to an online, DVD rental.

Salesman Scott, I hope you’re happy. Not only am I spending my life watching old school TV programmes (remember Charmed?) but I am not spending any of my time revising or going to the gym.

Salesman Scott, when I’m fat and failing, I have your beautiful tanned body to blame.

Anonymous

Image source:

fullchatter.com