This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Today is International Pizza Day, which could also be synonymous with the most joyous day in the world. I love pizza. In fact, I am at my happiest dipping a beautiful, crunchy, cheesy flatbread into a garlic sauce dip.

Bad day? Pizza.

Tired and can’t be bothered to cook? Pizza.

Party? Pizza Party.

There is not one trouble in my life that cannot be solved by pizza.

As a self-professed pizza connoisseur, I am going to tell you all the wonderful deals I have used and loved from Pizza shops all over Leeds. I will have to admit however, this list mostly contains deals from chain restaurants, as I am gluten-free, but I will still include a list of independent pizza restaurants that the people of Leeds (via Leeds Student Group), have recommended to me!

Dominos

Domino’s have a ‘Home Alone for One’ deal, which is £13.99 for a small pizza, a side, and a drink. You can have any pizza or side, such as potato wedges, nachos, or cheesy garlic bread. The drink options are also great, including choices from different flavours of Oasis, Coke, and Fanta.

I think this deal is worth the money, as you get a lot for what you pay for. This one has been a GODSEND for me during exam season and has saved me from the vegetables in my fridge at home one too many times.

Domino’s also offers 50% off when you spend over £30. Just use the code FEEDME50 at the checkout, and voila! This one is great if you’re ordering with a group of friends. Cost-effective and delicious all in one!

Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut has a similar deal to Domino’s, called ‘Deal For One’, at £14.99. Here you can have an ‘individual pizza’ (including stuffed crust!!!), any side and a drink.

How does this compare to Domino’s?

I prefer Domino’s pizza and the fact that you are always guaranteed a garlic dip with your order. However, the range of sides included in Pizza Hut’s deal are what dreams are made of. Corn on the cob, garlic bread, BBQ chicken wings, potato wedges, Mac ‘N’ Cheese, Cheese Triangles, Doritos cheesy nachos, breaded chicken strips- it seems impossible to choose just one. So, for sides, Pizza Hut takes the lead. But at the end of the day, the truth is in the pudding, or the pizza in this case… (And I think Domino’s pizza tops it!).

Pizza Express

Known to be on the pricier side, Pizza Express have a two for £20 deal on now on Deliveroo, and I think it is worth every penny. For some reason, Pizza Express’s pizza NEVER misses. It always bangs. I love the Sloppy Giuseppe myself, and my boyfriend loves the pepperoni with a Rustica base. You can’t go wrong with this deal.

Papa John’s

Papa John’s also have 50% off their Pizza if you spend £30 or more. They have a range of family deals too, which are great if you’re ordering for a large group!

What I particularly like about ordering from Papa John’s online is the fact that you can earn points to claim back at a later date. I lived with eight other students last year and was often the coordinator of our pizza nights. Therefore, I had so many points to use by the end of the year. You can get free pizzas, hashbrowns or desserts with these points which is always an added bonus!

Bella Italia

Finally, I saw the other day that Bella Italia had an offer of two Pizzas for £10. Though not my favourite (because of the gluten-free base), I think this is a great deal for those wanting to save money!

Other independent restaurants that the wonderful people of Leeds Student Group recommended to me:

• Ecco Pizzeria
  • Rudy’s Pizza
  • Rustica
  • Lievitoo
  • Pizza Fella

Finally, on my Instagram, I held a poll to find out what my followers think is the ULTIMATE PIZZA TOPPING.

I originally started with eight topping options: cheese, veggies, pepperoni, meat feast, BBQ base with chicken, vegan cheese, ham and pineapple and goat’s cheese, spinach, and onion.

Over 200 votes later, the final round was pepperoni vs veggies.

Finally…pepperoni won with 108 votes, veggies coming second with 71.

So, what pizza will you be ordering today? Maybe you’ll take the recommendation of my followers and order pepperoni!

Words by: Anna Duffell

Edited by: Dasha Pitts-Yushchenko

I am a Communication and Media Student at the University of Leeds, who enjoys writing about Taylor Swift, Feminism, and Theatre!