Fashion Blog – V Day, Makeup for the Masses and Campus Couture – 13.02.2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Valentines Day

Wear your heart not on your sleeve but on your sweatshirt this tuesday and get ya self down to Wildfox. If you’re not feeling that loved up then take a backseat and get yourself this plaid shirt from Topshop that can be worn throughout the year whatever occasion!

For the evening glam it up again with something from Topshop, teaming it with a deep plum lipstick. Alternatively just add that hint of love and valentines with a bright red clutch or lipstick.

Have a great day gals!

***

Makeup To Suit All

We all have our routines and our morning/evening makeup application is no exception. However there are some of us that feel a little lost when faced with that bag of makeup we have accumulated from age 15. The key is knowing what shades suit us and the ones that do not. Below are some examples of celebrities who work their makeup bags very well and showcase how certain shades can make a real impact on the face.
Blondes know how to have fun but here Sienna shows a look that can be worn for all occasions. Light colours and shades of pink and creams used along side a primer with a sheen will lead to a sun kissed look perfect for the day. Add black eyeliner (Don’t go Amy Winehouse with it) and some red lipstick for a perfect evening look.
Some redheads are lucky to have beautiful freckles that need no hiding, however if powder is to be applied, just like blondes soft colours are the best route to go down. Slightly darker tones of pinks and reds really compliment the hair colour. For evenings a dark shade of red for lipstick goes down a treat or try a slighter less subtle blusher for effect.
Brunettes can work it just like Kim Kardashian does if they follow the easy steps of the smokey eye effect. Soft creams in the inside of the eyes followed by lighter browns on the lid and darker shades on the crease and WOLLLLLA you are working it girlfriend! Get yourself a palette of browns and try them all out, adding some fake eyelashes for an evening glam.

***

Mid Term Blues

The weather in Leeds can at times be depressing and COLD COLD COLD. Add that to dissertation, essays and the pale skin we are wearing life can seem bleak (and make us over dramatic). So here I am to show you just how to cover up that pale skin that you just can’t be arsed to fake tan. The key to dressing in this weather is layers layers!!

3 reasons why you will like this outfit girls…

1. It will keep you very warm in the library of your choice (I’m a Brotherton girl)
2. It keeps that pale skin under wraps
3. It looks pretty cool too!

Hannah first joined Her Campus as part of the Illinois branch as a writer during her study abroad year at UofI. While in the US, Hannah joined Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority and subsequently began to write a weekly column for the Greek newspaper, The Odyssey. Now back home in the UK, Hannah has founded the first ever UK HC branch for her own university, The University of Leeds. She is in her final year of a Politics degree and is excited for the year ahead and what great things Her Campus Leeds will achieve. Outside of her studies, Hannah enjoys travel, fashion and being an alumni of The University of Leeds Celtics Cheerleading squad where she ran as PR Secretary for the committee during her 2nd year.