This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Hello there. Again thanks for the questions, always good to see what you lot are fretting about!

There’s a lot of curiosity over how best to attract one of us. Do we like lots of make-up? Blonde or brunette? Do tall girls freak you out? I suppose it’s fair enough given the number of glossy pages devoted to getting the right look and delivering amusing new guidelines on ‘how to please your man’.

This is all pretty jokes but it doesn’t actually mean anything to blokes. We don’t walk around with a clipboard and a checklist of things required in a the way a girl looks. Although, now that I mention it, that might be wise for those of us with particularly foggy beer goggles. I digress. We are not looking for a clearly defined type of girl! Issues like whether or not you are blonde, brunette, tall, short, black or white aren’t that important. No-one knows his ‘type’ of girl anyway. Obviously it’s not going to harm your chances if you are clean, well groomed and have clothes. Beyond that, I would suggest that it’s not going to be a game changer what hair colour, type of clothes or height of heels you favour.

Having said that, if we’re on a night out and looking for an easy shag then it follows that, more often than not, we’ll go after the girl wearing a belt and a bra and not the one in jeans and a hoodie. So if you want a casual bang from a doosh then doll up, get dressed (but not too much) and head to Halo. If you’re more up for someone amusing then just go where you want, wear what you want and let nature take its course. The object of your desire is more likely to be interested in whether or not he thinks you’re a joker and fun to be around than concerned about you towering above him in your fave heels.

And another thing. Stop worrying about whether or not we would consider a relationship with a girl we took home after a drunken night out. Obviously not all one night stands end in marriage, or sometimes (so I’ve heard) even a text. But I don’t think this can be wholly attributed to the obligatory dark nightclub, slurred speech and impaired vision upon making each other’s acquaintance. If you get on well with each other then there’s no reason not to hook up again in a state of sobriety. Who doesn’t love a friendly chat to ease you into the day on a pounding hangover?At least the sex has broken the ice. The main thing is, if we bring a girl home after a night out we don’t judge her, how could we? We’re doing it too!

I promise to try and speed up my response to your questions this time, I know it must be torture..

HC LOVE

Anonymous Bloke 

Hannah first joined Her Campus as part of the Illinois branch as a writer during her study abroad year at UofI. While in the US, Hannah joined Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority and subsequently began to write a weekly column for the Greek newspaper, The Odyssey. Now back home in the UK, Hannah has founded the first ever UK HC branch for her own university, The University of Leeds. She is in her final year of a Politics degree and is excited for the year ahead and what great things Her Campus Leeds will achieve. Outside of her studies, Hannah enjoys travel, fashion and being an alumni of The University of Leeds Celtics Cheerleading squad where she ran as PR Secretary for the committee during her 2nd year.