With new beauty campaigns, blogs and vlogs emerging everywhere we look, achieving a high-end look without the high-end products, particularly on a student budget, can sometimes be hard. However, with the beauty sphere erupting around us the competitive high street has upped its game, developing products that are more and more effective.
So, to help you cheat your way to a high-end look without having to break the bank, here are some alternative products that I highly recommend:
1. The L’Oreal True Match foundation is a great alternative to the Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation. For all you Kardashian followers, the latter is Kim’s choice of foundation. Both are silk like in application and leave the skin perfected and photo ready. For those with problematic skin, the L’Oreal foundation blurs out any imperfections on the skin too!
2. For a tool to apply this foundation with a natural finish, the pricey Beauty Blender can be harsh on the budget. Alternatively, and for more than half the price, Real Technique’s complexion sponge is a great copy. Apply the foundation on a damp sponge for a soft look and feel.
3. For beauty lovers out there, the Nars Radiant Creamy is a go-to product for brightening and smoothing out imperfections. However, this concealer is not so perfect for your purse! Instead, try Collection’s 16hr Lasting Perfection concealer. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to hide those evil red spots or dark circles under their eyes. This is well and truly a Holy Grail product and is practically perfect in every way!
4. The infamous Urban Decay eye shadows are something all beauty lovers long for. The Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette in Nude is a perfect alternative to the Naked basics palette. Although less matte than the basics palette, the collection palette is versatile in creating an easy day-to-night look for a fraction of the price.
5. To blend these eye shadows seamlessly, the pricey MAC 217 is something all make-up lovers want to get their hands on. However, student budgets dictate otherwise. Instead, the Zoeva 227 Luxe Soft Definer brush, for more than half the price, will help you create some equally sexy eye makeup.
6. The Maybelline Lash Sensational is a near perfect copy of the infamous Benefit Roller lash mascara. Both have similar wands and offer long lasting super curled lashes all day long. If you prefer those thicker, flirty lashes, than try the Maybelline mascara for a bold nighttime look. No false lashes necessary!
7. There are so many choices for eyeliner out there on the high street, and knowing which one to choose can sometimes be overwhelming. A secret beauty tip is that L’Oreal owns the Yves Saint Laurent brand, meaning that some of their products are practically identical, just with different packaging. The word from make-up artists-come-YouTube beauty duo, Pixiwoo, is that YSL eyeliners are the same as the L’Oreal ones. For the perfect winged liner, the L’Oreal is a must have.
8. Finally, grooming your brows is becoming increasingly more important! Whether you prefer a strong Cara Delevingne-esque brow or a more natural look, the L’Oreal brow artist plumper is the way to go. This product makes your brows look shaped, full and still natural, making it better – and cheaper – than the pricey Benefit gimme eyebrow gel.
Image 1 (foundation) http://www.beautykix.com/2014/04/the-dupe-loreal-v-giorgio-armani.html