This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Major: English Literature because I believe in the power of words

Hometown: Albany, NY

Relationship Status: Happily in a relationship

Turn on: Personality, a nice smile, goofy, blue eyes, and generous

Turn off: Overly self-confident, disrespectful, selfish, and impatient

Biggest Pet Peeve: Nail-biting

Celebrity Crush: Jude Law

Celebrity Role Model: Oprah!

Fun Fact: I gave Eli Manning from the NY Giants a hand massage!

Three words to describe yourself: Energetic, personable, goofy

Favorite TV Show: Dog the Bounty Hunter… and Oprah obv

Dream Job: A traveling journalist reporting on human rights issues

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? LIVING IN ST. MARYS’!!… but really, building a career, happy, and with a special someone in my life.

What are the top 3 things on your bucket list? Meet Oprah, vacation to Greece, and own a boat

If you could escape anywhere right now with one item, where and what? I would escape to a sunny day on the beach with a good book!

Where would you rather get stuck for 5 hours? A broken elevator or a broken ski lift? A broken ski lift even though they are so shakey, at least I’d have a good view & fresh air! 

Junior Communications Major with a concentration in Journalism. Minors in Creative Writing, Art, English, and Business. 
Omairys, a born and raised New York City gal of the Dominican descent, is a motivated Communications/Advertising major, with a minor in English. She does not know what she will do with her Communications degree after graduation but is ambitious enough to hope it will be something promising, as this field has been her passion for as long as she could remember. She is actively involved on campus, as she is President of El Progreso, a multicultural organization that strives to raise awareness of the Latino community. She loves to travel: she has traveled to Kenya to work at The Nyumbani Program and will be interning at our nation's capital her senior year! She is hard working, and excited to bring change to her campus---Le Moyne.