Candace Bonaventura ’13- LCTV Co-President/Executive Producer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Hometown:

East Syracuse  

Major/Minor: Communications/TV/Radio 

Things your involved in on campus: LCTV, WLMU 

How did you get involved with LCTV?
I had worked in a television studio in high school and was so interested in television production so I just joined that and a bunch of video production classes got me into it 

What do you like about LCTV?
You get to work with really talented and creative people collaboratively to make something amazing out of nothing and be so proud of it  

What has been LCTVs greatest improvement from the time you were a freshman until now?
I guess what hasn’t LCTV improved on in the last 3 years would be a shorter answer, when I was a freshmen there wasn’t even a news desk. Now we have weekly studio productions and remote productions and are asked to collaborate with other Le Moyne clubs and organizations.. our improvements are endless 

Why is being apart of LCTV important to you?
I think its really important for people to know things, whether its Le Moyne news, Syracuse News or National news we try to provide our viewers with the most essential pieces of information whether it be serious or funny. I don’t think people know as much as they should about where they are and the stuff that happens around them 

What do you hope to do after Le Moyne?
I want to become a producer, move to NYC, change the world 

How will LCTV help you in your future, if it will?
If it weren’t for LCTV, I wouldn’t know half the information about technology or news that I know now also time management, I would be screwed without LCTV teaching me that 

What would be your best advice for first year students regarding getting involved? just do it.. you won’t regret it. i promise 

What’s a quote/motto you live by?
andra’ tutto bene (it means everything’ll be alright in italian, I have it tattooed on my back.. special importance) 

What do you do for fun/to relax?
I spend too much time watching The Office reruns and online shopping and of course enjoying time with great friends.
Ivanna Abreu is a junior Communications major at Le Moyne College with a concentration in Advertising and minors in English and Creative Writing. She was born in the Dominican Republic, but was raised in the Bronx, NY. One of her greatest passions in life is the art of communication and how people relate and communicate with each other. Living in New York City only fostered this passion because her whole life she has been surrounded by different cultures and people. Ivanna enjoys writing and reading, specifically about human interest stories. She prides herself in having a great work ethic and unlike some she enjoys constantly being on the move and being busy. In her hands you will always find either her iPhone or coffee (or on a good day both). She also loves all things comedy and is always trying to make someone laugh.