Campus Celeb: Lorenda Mable ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Campus Celeb: Lorenda Mable ’14

Class:2014

Hometown: Bronx, NY

Campus Involvement: President of P.O.W.E.R( Pride in Our Work Ethnicity and Race) , B.O.N.D(Brothers Of a New Direction) member, L.E.A.P(Literacy Empowers All People) teacher.

How did you became President of P.O.W.E.R? “I was voted in” Lorenda has been an active memeber of P.O.W.E.R since her Freshamn year at Le Moyne and easily took this exciting leadership role that being a club president entails.

What made you want to become apart of P.O.W.E.R.? “I love that the club brought people from all different backgrounds together. P.O.W.E.R. is a club that aids in bringing awareness to inequality and awareness of different cultures  at Le Moyne.”

Whats is you favorite event that P.O.W.E.R does? “The Identity Me Forum” because it brings awareness to many issues of  inequalitiy and discrimination that is prevalent on campus.”

What do you think make you should a great leader? “I possess alot of leadership qualities but I’m always willing to learn more, and I think that’s very important in life”.

What would like to do with your life? “I would love to be a teacher or social worker, anything working with children interests me.”

Any Hobbies: Traveling, I love to travel. I also enjoy making people laugh.

Where have you traveled? Puerto Rico, Washington and Atlanta. I’m working on traveling more frequently.

Words to describe you: Funny, Dedicated, Go-Getter!

P.O.W.E.R meeting our Tuesday’s. Get intouch with Lorenda Mable if you want to join!

Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.