This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Our very own HC LMC contributing writer, Camlyn Valdez, stops by to share the many amazing experiences she’s had. From being born and raised in the Bronx, New York, she’s come from interning for Mercedes Sanchez, interviewing John Legend, working full time, and being a full time student. There’s no wonder she’s the perfect girl to be a celeb!

Major: Print Journalism
Minor: Creative Writing

HC writer, soon to be Co-Editor of HCLMC, working full time and being a full time student: the first question I feel the need to ask, is do you ever have free time? And if any, what do you like to do with it?
Ah, I have some free time here and there, in between classes and after work on weekends. But hey, that’s the life of a college student, right?! I hear you have 3 choices: good grades, having a social life, working. They say you can only choose 2 in order to survive, but who says you can’t do all three!!

Tell us a little bit about yourself!
My full name is Camlyn Valdez (no, no middle name sadly!) I’m originally from the Bronx in New York City. I’m an only child but I grew up with my older cousin so he’s basically my bro! I’ve always been pretty shy and reserved through middle school and high school. I went to an all girls catholic high school.

Wow! You are one of the first people that I’ve met without a middle name!
I know, Pretty sad. My co-workers made one up for me. Call me Camlyn Lynn from now on, thank you very much! 

It’s hard to believe that you’ve always been shy! You seem very outgoing to me!
Oh, no! I’ve always been so shy. I’ve gotten used to it now, thanks to all my communication classes: presentations galore!! In the communications field, you learn to put yourself out there and be a part of something. It’s the only way to gain experience.

And an all girls Catholic high school? I didn’t go to a catholic high school, but I did go to one for K-4!
Yeah, kind of different for me too considering I went to public school all the way up until high school. But it’s so easy to get used to. After a while you forget that you’re surrounded by just females. To be honest, it’s mostly cattiness anyway, so I stuck to my girls, who also attend LMC by the way!!

So, you’re also a communications print journalism major! Awesome! Have you been able to do anything to gain experience with this?
I interned with Mercedes Sanchez owner of BeChicMag.com, an online beauty and fashion blog for about two summers. I did a ton of fun stuff from interviewing John Legend, and going to Vera Wang’s new Wedding collection showing — and these are just a two of them. She’s a Le Moyne alum!!

Wow, that’s awesome! Congrats!
Ha! Gratzi! :)

What are your plans for your future? I know you like magazines, but have you ever thought about a newspaper atmosphere?
 I attempted to write for The Dolphin but I just couldn’t, the atmosphere isn’t an HC atmosphere! But in the future, my goals are to be absolutely in love with what I am doing. I want to be a magazine journalist for either Cosmo, Latina, or Seventeen Magazine. I won’t stop until I get there. I haven’t had much experience and I’ve been rejected from a lot of internships but I’ll keep knocking on all those doors. Someone is bound to open the door for me!!

Well, maybe we’ll be co-workers at Cosmo one day! That would be fantastic! And with your talent, we have no doubt that doors will open soon enough for you!
Aw, thanks! I’m sure we’ll be working side by side in the future, after all, we’re both Sex and the City prodigies, and they make it through it all.

That is so very true! To infinity and beyond!

Junior Communications Major with a concentration in Journalism. Minors in Creative Writing, Art, English, and Business. 
Ivanna Abreu is a junior Communications major at Le Moyne College with a concentration in Advertising and minors in English and Creative Writing. She was born in the Dominican Republic, but was raised in the Bronx, NY. One of her greatest passions in life is the art of communication and how people relate and communicate with each other. Living in New York City only fostered this passion because her whole life she has been surrounded by different cultures and people. Ivanna enjoys writing and reading, specifically about human interest stories. She prides herself in having a great work ethic and unlike some she enjoys constantly being on the move and being busy. In her hands you will always find either her iPhone or coffee (or on a good day both). She also loves all things comedy and is always trying to make someone laugh.