5 Reasons You Should Be Excited For The Gilmore Girls Revival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.
It’s been almost ten years since we’ve left Stars Hollow. Some of us might not even remember it, (if you’re one of those, shame on you) while others are literally going through every possible emotion over the news that Gilmore Girls will have a four part revival on Netflix that picks up where the story left off in 2007. Here are five reasons that you should be excited for the Gilmore Girls revival!

1. I WILL FOLLOW WHERE YOU LEAD!

We get to sing the theme song again! Hopefully they keep the original track, but maybe it’ll be revamped for the revival.

2. Luke and Lorelai

The couple we all rooted for is still together and still engaged, according to magazine spoilers. Will they FINALLY have their Stars Hollow wedding?! We sure hope so, our hearts can’t take it anymore. 

3. SOOKIE’S BACK!

Melissa McCarthy will return to Stars Hollow as the lovable and clumsy chef Sookie St. James. We can’t wait to see what shenanigans Lorelai and Sookie get into all these years later!

4. Remembering Richard 

Unfortunately Edward Herrmann who played Lorelai’s father, Richard Gilmore, passed away in 2014. We hope they honor Richard in the first episode of the reboot and that Emily is okay that Richard didn’t keep his promise made in season one. 

5. Lorelai + Rory = Mother-Daughter Goals! 
From the banter to the life talks, we can’t wait to see Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel reclaim their chemistry as the infamous Gilmore Girls. Long live Rory and Lorelai!

* Recording only just began in February of this year, so if you missed out on the show when it first aired, you have enough time to catch up before the revival is released.*

A tattoo loving, social media addict with a slight coffee addiction. Stay caffeinated.
Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.