5 Must-Haves for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Ladies, with spring break right around the corner you’ll need a guide to help with the essentials. This my friends, is that guide! Below, you will see what we think are the top 5 essentials that no girl can go without during this break.   

The Trendy Bathing Suit
Celebrities such as Ke$ha have been seen sporting high-waisted bathing suits or a retro one-piece. We recommend instead of going for a skimpy bikini, choose one of these to stand out from the crowd. 

Sunscreen
Laying in the sun is a great way to relax but those sun rays can lead to skin cancer, irritation, and photo aging. This spring break every collegiette needs to pack extra sunscreen because you do not want to be a casualty of the sun.  Try these out: Neutrogena for Sensitive SkinSolbar Avo, Badger SPF, Banana Boat, Aveeno.

Stylish Shades
It’s amazing how many times people go on vacation and forget their sunglasses. Department stores such as Marshalls or Macy’s have a variety of glasses to fit every face. If you have a oblong face you might want to go for round or square shaped glasses. If you have an oval face, square or rectangular style shades would best fit you. There is also a trend of wearing outrageous colored shades so do notjust stick to black or brown.

Chic Floppy Hat
At one point it seemed like only divas like JLo or Mariah wore hats like this, but we’re predicting this summer every woman will unleash her inner diva. These hats are great for protecting yourself from harmful sunrays and looking fierce at the beach.

Beach Bag
Every girl knows that the perfect bag can easily make or break an outfit. The same goes for your beach bag. It is essential that you do not forget to pack one because on spring break you can go from beach to boardwalk in seconds. You do not want to be the person who has to drag their stuff around. We believe that the bigger the beach bag the better, but there are also smaller ones that will fit your belongings comfortably.

Asiana Smith is a Communications Major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Sociology.
Ivanna Abreu is a junior Communications major at Le Moyne College with a concentration in Advertising and minors in English and Creative Writing. She was born in the Dominican Republic, but was raised in the Bronx, NY. One of her greatest passions in life is the art of communication and how people relate and communicate with each other. Living in New York City only fostered this passion because her whole life she has been surrounded by different cultures and people. Ivanna enjoys writing and reading, specifically about human interest stories. She prides herself in having a great work ethic and unlike some she enjoys constantly being on the move and being busy. In her hands you will always find either her iPhone or coffee (or on a good day both). She also loves all things comedy and is always trying to make someone laugh.