Nik Ross ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lawrence chapter.

Name:
Nik Ross
Major: Music Education (Choral/General)
Hometown: Portland, OR
Single or taken: Single
What are you going to do with your life after Lawrence: I’m hoping to be accepted into the JET Programme, and teach english in Japan!
How do you get your hair so flawless? After years of experimenting with some great and not-so-great styles, I’ve come to realize that basic and simple is best! A bit of gel, blow dry, product and go!
Do you feel that being a redhead you represent a special group on campus? LU actually has a pretty significant population of redheads, so being teased for my pale skin and the asking of questions like “Does the carpet match the drapes?” has definitely died down! It’s nice to know that I’m not the only ginger on campus.
Favorite place on on or off campus: The VR for sure. I love working there and don’t get to the other side of the bar enough! I love Carmella’s down by the mall. It’s this great little bistro with authentic yet original Italian food and great wine!
What you know that you think other people should know: Oprah thinks she’s Jesus, so don’t piss her off.
Tell us a secret: I have a crush on Collin McCanna (shhh!)
Favorite Movie(s): ‘Love and other Drugs,’ ‘A Single Man,’ ‘Mad Men,’ and ‘True Blood,’ are on my ‘can’t-stop-watching’ list right now.
Anything else interesting that we didn’t ask: If you know a guy…I’m single!
Explain your style: Lately I’ve been going very slim, very basic. A jean with a button up of any colour. A neutral sweater. Nothing too crazy, but still something that show’s I know what I’m doing.Think and J. Crew (without all the Linen). I’ll occasionally bump it up with an accessory. I’ve been wearing a casual, thin yarn bracelet from J.Crew recently that just adds a splash of individuality without becoming a distraction.

Annie Kaiser is a senior economics and government major at Lawrence University. Happily born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Annie also has been called a "nomad" by her friends. In the past two years she has lived on both coasts, spending a year at school in Claremont, California and living in Georgetown for a summer internship with a political web-blog in Alexandria, Virginia. She played Varsity basketball and soccer throughout college, and has decided boxing will be her go-to workout after her collegiate athletic retirement. Annie's favorite activities include dining in fine restaurants, debating about politics, memorizing the presidents in order, painting, keeping up with celeb gossip, seatfiling at award shows, making lists of interesting words, and reading classic novels. She can not get enough of Jack Johnson music, new challenges, and Chuck Bass. Her motto: put your mind to it, and do it.