Adapt to Freezing Temperatures and Unruly Snow in Style!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lawrence chapter.

Fanny Lau ’14 was so irresistibly cute, that we couldn’t help but snap a photo of her going about her daily routine. We had a few questions for Fanny and she gave us some very inspirational fashion advice. 

HC Lawrence: How would you describe your personal style?
Fanny: I would say that I usually work the “Woke up at 9:30 for a 9:50 Class” style. 

HC Lawrence: What are you wearing?
Fanny: 
Jacket: Bossini (store based in Hong Kong)

Shirt: Forever 21
Skirt: H & M
Tights: Hue
Boots: Akira

HC Lawrence: Have you had to change your style since moving to the tundra of Appleton? 
Fanny: 
I have to wear boots made for warmin’ rather than for walkin’ and my favorite accessory right now is a stainless steel thermos in my left hand. 

HC Lawrence: Your Hunter boots are really cute! Hunter vs. Ugg, which do you prefer? Why? 
Fanny: 
Wellies all the way. From unplowed university sidewalks to fly fishing (hypothetically), I can always count on my Hunters to keep my toes dry and toasty. 

HC Lawrence: Thanks for the breakdown of your outfit. I’m sure many of our readers will greatly appreciate it. Any final thoughts you’d like to share? 
Fanny: Clothes are cute, but don’t take fashion too seriously. I’ve always been told that a smile is the best accessory and we’re in college now so wear what you want because soon enough, the real world of tucked in shirts and black pumps is going to hit you like a ton of bricks.

Ariella Morik is a senior at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin studying English and Film Studies. She has served as Vice-President of Her Campus™ Lawrence for the past year and is excited to take the position of Campus Correspondent. She is an active student within her academic department and is Vice President of Programming and Social Events of the Alpha Zeta chapter of Delta Gamma. After graduation, she plans to pursue a law degree or a masters in creative writing. When she's not busy with her academic and co-curricular engagements, she finds time to run outdoors and spend time with her friends.
Annie Kaiser is a senior economics and government major at Lawrence University. Happily born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Annie also has been called a "nomad" by her friends. In the past two years she has lived on both coasts, spending a year at school in Claremont, California and living in Georgetown for a summer internship with a political web-blog in Alexandria, Virginia. She played Varsity basketball and soccer throughout college, and has decided boxing will be her go-to workout after her collegiate athletic retirement. Annie's favorite activities include dining in fine restaurants, debating about politics, memorizing the presidents in order, painting, keeping up with celeb gossip, seatfiling at award shows, making lists of interesting words, and reading classic novels. She can not get enough of Jack Johnson music, new challenges, and Chuck Bass. Her motto: put your mind to it, and do it.