This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Laurier Brantford chapter.

I’ve always loved reading, but with how busy I’ve been lately I haven’t had the time to sit down and enjoy a book. Now that the holidays are getting closer, I will have more time to read, so why not read some Christmas themed books. Here is a list of some of my favorite books to read during the holiday season:

A Christmas Carol

A Christmas classic. The Charles Dickens book tells the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, an unkind elderly man who is visited by the ghost of Christmas past, present and future. After their visits, Scrooge becomes a nicer man. This story made it to my list because it’s a classic and teaches good life lessons.

The Snow Queen

I’ve always loved fairy tales and Andersen is one of my favorite authors. The Snow Queen is the story that inspired Disney’s Frozen! The story is a little bit darker and longer compared to Frozen. It tells the story of a little girl called Gerda and her friend Kai and the struggles between good and evil.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas – Dr. Seuss

Another classic. It tells the story of the Grinch, a grumpy, solitary creature who wants to put an end to Christmas by stealing Christmas-themed items from the homes of the nearby town on Christmas Eve. I love The Grinch because it’s a sweet story that brings me back to my childhood.

Hercule Poirot’s Christmas – Agatha Christie

This book is a mix between a Christmas story and a detective story. Agatha Christie’s famous character, Hercule Poirot, is back and this time he is going to investigate a murder that happened during a Christmas family reunion. This book made it to my list because I love mystery books and consider Agatha Christie one of the best authors in that genre and this book fits the theme.

Maeva Lago

Laurier Brantford '22

I am Maéva Lago-Dogo a Digital Media & Journalism major. I love K-pop, K-drama, traveling, Motorsports and spending a dangerous amount of time on Twitter and Netflix. Follow me on my Instagram @maeva_lagodogo.
.