Style

You’re Invited To…Wedding Clothing Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Welcome to You’re Invited To… – a weekly recap of trends, themes, ideas, and exciting news within the event industry!

This week, we will be talking about different clothing trends at weddings. These are trends you will see from the bride, groom, and their attendees, but are also ideas that guests could incorporate into their look for the big day as well!

1. Flowers 

Flowers are being used in more than just decorations. You can incorporate flowers into every aspect of your outfits. Brides and their attendees can have flowers or a flower pattern on her dress. They are also using fresh flowers as jewelry, some ideas include flower crowns in their hair and bracelets that span the whole length of the arm of the bride. Grooms can incorporate a floral pattern into their ties or socks, as well as their boutonniere. Guests can also wear clothing with floral patterns for the event. 

2. Ruffled Dresses

Ruffled dresses are a huge trend this year. These can be incorporated into the bride, bridesmaid, and guest outfits. The ruffles are incorporated through the entire dress, or just certain aspects, such as the top, bottom, or sleeves of the dress. They can be minimal, or take over the entire look. 

3. Colored Suit Jackets 

Colored suit jackets have been making a statement over the past few years, but are becoming extremely popular this year. The colors can be as muted and simple as navy blue or maroon, or as bright and exciting as coral, as it has been named the color of the year, or any color of the rainbow. This look has been used for the groom, his attendees, or guests!

I hope you are able to incorporate some of these ideas into your next event and have a great time!

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)