27 dresses ceremony scene
27 dresses ceremony scene
Fox 2000 Pictures
Style > Fashion

You’re Invited to…Bridesmaid Dress Tips and Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Working in a bridal shop has given me so much insight into the world of weddings. Since wedding planning is what I want to do post-grad, it has taught me so much about the industry and what it entails. One thing that can be fun, but also be a challenge, is ordering bridesmaid dresses. Due to the supply and demand chain from what is going on in the world right now, it is important to order these dresses as soon as possible, especially if the color you want is a popular one at the time. Here are some more trends and tips that we have seen from the bridesmaid side of the wedding industry:

1. Greens and Blues: The most popular bridesmaid colors right now are Sage and pale blues, whether that be a lighter blue or a muted darker blue. These colors are more neutral than others and easily work with any color palette. 
  2. Different Dresses: Since there are many various sizes and body shapes, it can be hard to find one dress that everyone feels comfortable in. I have seen this a lot lately, and many brides are coming in and requesting that their ladies can have any dress they want, as long as it is in the same color and fabric, which will keep it looking more uniform. This can create a unique and special look and allow everyone to feel and look their best.
  3. Swatches: I recommend that every bride comes in to see the color that they liked when looking online. A lot of colors may look slightly different when they are in front of you, and I have seen many brides change their colors once they come in for their appointment. I also recommend taking home color swatches when you leave. These are swatches that are the color of the bridesmaid dresses. It is a great thing to bring when you are going to find florals, centerpieces, suits, etc. so that they can properly match.
Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)