Hummus
Hummus
Christin Urso / Spoon
Life > Experiences

Why You Need a Snack Box

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Why I love the snack box 

Snack boxes are basically just adult lunch boxes but with more protein and substance. Additionally, they are so customizable, that you can really put whatever you want. I try to get fruits, veggies, protein, and carbs to cover all my bases and make sure I am satisfied and fueled. As a full-time student involved in clubs, with an internship and two jobs, sometimes making sure I am eating enough and eating well can be hard. By packing a lunch the night before and using this snack box method I’ve found personally my days run a bit better. 

Idea 1: 

My snack box is a 3-tier bento box, and my go-to is as follows. The bottom has hummus and carrots, the middle is some sort of nut and a cheese stick, and the top is grapes and cool whip. Then in a bag, I have some pretzels to go with the hummus as well. 

Idea 2: 

The bottom is a chicken deli meat and cream cheese roll-up, carrots and ranch in the second, and apples and peanut butter on the top. On the side, I’ll bring some sort of cracker or chip. 

Idea 3: 

The bottom is a salad kit, the middle is some chicken nuggets (to go with the salad but I don’t want them to get soggy), and the top is either apples or grapes. On the side again, a cracker or chip. 

Idea 4: 

The bottom is baby bell peppers with cream cheese, the middle is mixed nuts, and the top is apples and peanut butter. Some sort of cracker or chip on the side. 

As you can see, for me personally, a lot of the aspects stay the same because I have found these fruits and vegetables to keep the best in the dorm. If you’re not in a dorm, I feel there is a lot more flexibility with these and you can tailor it to whatever you like. Snack boxes are the hyperfixation of 2024! 

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!