This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Whether I am doing casual or serious relationship-wise, the lover girl in me is going to appear regardless. I have always been a romantic at heart; from reading too many romantic comedies to count, to watching my favorite characters fall in love on screen. I just love the idea of being so consumed and overcome with love for your partner, paying attention to all the little details so you can surprise them. I want someone to love me that much, and I want to love that much. Max Medina style from Gilmore Girls with a thousand yellow daisies. So, without getting too much sappier than I already have, let’s dive into my favorite lover-girl tendencies. 

Playlist Making

Maybe this is lover girl-coded or maybe it’s queer-coded, but either way, I am here for it. I adore making people playlists, platonic or romantic. I love making playlists to introduce them to my music taste, based on their music taste, or just for a specific vibe I think they might like. Chances are if I like you I am going to make a playlist or two for you. 

Did Someone Say Arts and Crafts? 

Anytime I can bust out the colorful cardstock and glitter pens is a good time. I love making people cards for literally any occasion. Holidays and birthdays, you know the normal card-making holidays, or just if you’ve had a bad day. I am not sure if this is some weird combination of words of affirmation and gift-giving, but writing down my feelings for others is something I love to do.

The Little Things

The not-so-obvious lover girl tendencies. If you tell me your favorite color, I’ll remember it and try to incorporate it into the most minuscule things. Tell me your favorite drink or snack, chances are it’s written in the notes portion of your contact, and/or I have it on hand for when you come over. 

I want the people I care about and love to know that, and I love to show that in different ways. Some people may call me naive or silly for showing this kind of ‘lover girl behavior’ in casual encounters, but I think everyone deserves to be loved like this and it makes me happy to do so, so I am going to keep doing it. Stay lovely fellow lover girls!

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!