This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I’m obsessed with TikTok, like everyone else. I checked the screen time on my phone the other day and TikTok was my most used app. The quick videos and the instant humor get me every time. Lately, my ‘for you page’ has been filled with rain drains on streets being unclogged. Don’t ask. I don’t know why, but it’s kinda satisfying, so I’m not complaining. Also, shout out to HerCampusLasell, where our own TikTok account has some of the most relatable content. I highly recommend you check it out. 

The first TikToker that I am obsessed with is Drew Afualo. With 7.8 million followers, at 26 years old, Drew has amassed an army of women supporting women. She got popular because of her iconic laugh and her ability to make her trolls speechless. Not only is she funny but she can defend women from the ridiculous nonsense that men spout on TikTok about how to treat women. Every once and a while I will see a TikTok of her on what looks like a podcast and I’m glad to see that she is developing her content into so much more. If you want to talk about baddies, Drew Afualo is easily one. 

My next obsession on TikTok is the Sturniolo Triplets. I can’t possibly be the only person getting these guys all over my TikTok. I have been following them for so long because they are literally so hilarious. Their group TikTok account has 4.7 million followers but I’ve been following them since they had less than 100,000 followers. They are so addicting that I even subscribed to them on YouTube, which I think has better content. Nick, Matt, and Chris are the best trio. They all have different personality types that mesh so well. I would say that I think all of them are funny but my favorite is Matt. He has the quiet and more witty kind of humor that I think is so underrated. I originally got them on my for you page because they are from Somerville, MA and now go back and forth from Massachusetts to Los Angeles, California. 

This next TikToker has popped up on my for you page with all of her live streams. Her account is Fabulyss Boutique and she has 1.5 million followers. She is a small business owner that specializes in making custom and aesthetically pleasing self-defense keychains. She has a great personality and runs a Latina-owned company. Her account made me feel like I was with her packing up all of her orders. The keychains are cute too. 

When I need some uplifting or some energy, I go to Basement Gang’s account. These three guys from Canada have the best attitude and dance moves. They always make me laugh and feel like I just drank a cup of coffee. I don’t know much about them, but their account is so welcoming that it doesn’t matter. This account makes me feel like I am just watching my friends fool around. 

There are so many TikTok accounts that I follow that I think are so worthy of the popularity that they receive, but these were just a few of the amazingly funny tiktokers that I love. 

Megan Curley

Lasell '23

I'm a senior double-majoring in Hospitality and Event Management with a minor in Marketing. My hobbies include being obsessed with Formula 1, camping, and trying new things.