Which Friends Thanksgiving Episode You Should Watch Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

NBC’s beloved sitcom from the nineties, Friends, has a plethora of Thanksgiving and other holiday-themed episodes across their ten seasons. As the holidays are rapidly approaching, this is the perfect time to rewatch some of these classics. Keep reading to find out which Friends Thanksgiving episode you should watch based on your zodiac sign! 

Earth signs (Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo): “The One Where Ross Got High”

Season 6 Episode 9 is the episode to watch if you are an earth sign! This episode goes through Thanksgiving at Monica and Chandler’s apartment as they are now living together. Ross and Monica’s parents join them this year and Chandler tries to impress them as he just found out that Monica never told her parents they were living together. Monica’s parents dislike Chandler because they thought that he smoked pot, however, later in the episode it is discovered that Ross was the one smoking but had blamed it on Chandler years ago. 

The earth signs (Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo) usually can be stubborn or wary of change. Early in the episode Joey and Ross want to make other plans for Thanksgiving, but Monica refuses and makes them stay as they had promised to have dinner at her apartment previously. Earth signs also are shown to have a strong sense of duty and aren’t easily pushed around. Once Monica and Chandler found out that Ross had lied to his parents about who really had been smoking marijuana back in college they told Ross to come clean. When he didn’t, Monica revealed everything herself so that Chandler wouldn’t look bad in her parent’s eyes. 

Air signs (Gemini, Aquarius, Libra): “The One With the Late Thanksgiving”

Season 10 Episode 8 is the perfect pick for air signs to watch in the days leading up to Thanksgiving. In this episode, Moncia makes Thanksgiving dinner (per usual) at the request of Phoebe. Chandler is her only help this year with preparing for the feast. The gang was supposed to arrive at Monica and Chandler’s apartment at four p.m. for dinner but no one arrived until an hour later. Rachel and Phoebe entered Emma in a beauty contest, and Ross and Joey went out to a Rangers game, all while knowing that they would end up being late to dinner. Monica and Chandler are upset with their friends as they did not seem to care about the dinner as much as they did, but the episode ends happily.

Air signs should watch this episode because they like to do their own thing and can be hard to pin down. Even though everyone knew what time dinner started they still chose to focus on their priorities first and then show up to dinner when they finished what they wanted to do. Geminis, Aquarius’, and Libras are very clever and inventive, more so than the other signs. In this episode, Phoebe and Joey were trying to come up with excuses to explain why they were late to dinner, whether it was saying that Monica told them dinner was at five or Joey saying they were mugged (and ripping off part of Ross’ shirt to prove it). 

Fire signs (Leo, Sagittarius, Aries): “The One Where Underdog Gets Away” 

Season 1 Episode 9 focuses on how Monica makes a huge Thanksgiving dinner while trying her best to please everyone by making all of their favorite dishes. However, they end up getting locked out of the apartment. Chandler watches the Thanksgiving day parade and sees that a balloon flew away and apparently they would be able to see it from their balcony. Everyone rushes out but no one takes the keys with them. They struggle to get back into the apartment and when they do their dinner is ruined and burnt. 

This episode would be perfect for fire signs as they tend to get caught up in the moment just like the group did as they were rushing outside to see the balloon and forgetting to take the keys. These signs are also independent and like to have fun. Chandler, Phoebe, Rachel and Joey all had their own Thanksgiving plans, but because of conflicts, they ended up spending it with Monica and Ross which was none of their first choices as they all had big plans to have fun for the holiday. 

Water signs (Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio): “The One with All of the Thanksgivings”

Season 5 Episode 8 is the episode to watch if you are a water sign. In this episode, the characters can be found reminiscing on their past Thanksgivings. They try to outdo each other by sharing who had the worst Thanksgiving where Chandler brings up how his parents told him they were getting divorced on Thanksgiving in his childhood. Phoebe talks about a Thanksgiving in her past life which Ross immediately shuts down saying they should only share about Thanksgivings in their current lives. Then Phoebe reminds everyone of the Thanksgiving where Joey got a turkey stuck on his head. Monica later reveals her worst Thanksgiving when she was younger and Ross and Chandler had just come back from college and she overheard Chandler (whom she developed a crush on) refer to her as the “fat sister”.

This episode would be a great pick for water signs because they love nostalgia and reminiscing about memories. They are sensitive and sentimental. This episode shares all of the Thanksgivings that the group remembers because they brought up memories that would stay with them forever whether they liked it or not. Water signs also love very deeply and will help people they care about more than they will help themselves. Monica is seen later in the episode trying to do what she can to make Chandler happy (like dancing silly with a turkey on her head) after he gets angry at the fact that he lost his toe one Thanksgiving because he called Monica fat. 

Now go relax on the couch and watch an episode of Friends with a slice of pumpkin pie. After all, what could be better than that?!

Julia McNicol is a junior at Lasell University studying Fashion Media and Marketing with a minor in Journalism. She loves exploring the city, shopping, and watching a good rom-com! Her Instagram can be found at @juliamcnicol as well as @juliashannonxoxo for fashion-specific content.