Life > Experiences

What’s on my Fall Bucket List: Boston Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Fall and Winter are some of my favorite times of the year. The leaves changing, the best weather, and the cozy moments are some of the things I look forward to during those seasons. But sometimes I don’t want to be cozying up in bed all day. So, to avoid staying in my bed and wasting away, I decided to create a Fall Bucket List of things I wanted to do in Boston during my last year of undergrad. 

Go to a Concert: Fall and Winter are my favorite times to go to concerts. Two artists that I have been waiting to come to Boston have been Renee Rapp and The 1975, and they’re finally coming here. Hopefully I will be able to snag some tickets, but concerts are probably the funnest way to get out of the house and enjoy yourself. 

Visit Salem for Halloween: This is probably a given. I feel like everyone goes to Salem during spooky season and honestly, I have a little FOMO. I want to go mostly to the haunted houses, the Salem Witch Museum, and the tour trails, but there are a plethora of things that suit every person’s interests during their visit. 

Oktoberfest: Now this is for my 21+ crowd. Oktoberfest is a festival where pubs and bars have a bar crawl where different varieties of beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages are served. This festival shows up around different times each and every year in October, so if you are interested in attending an Oktoberfest I would suggest looking around at the local pubs and bars to see if they are participating this year. 

Ocean Spray Annual Fall Harvest: I’ve been wanting to go to the Ocean Spray Fall Harvest since I was little. But because I was so far away from Boston, I was never able to go. Now that I’m here for college I’ve been impatiently waiting for the harvest to come back. Luckily, the harvest is coming on October 15th this year, and is running from 10AM to 4PM. The location set for the event will be at Patriot Place and you can expect food, games, and even a walk in a man-made cranberry bog!

Boston Book Festival: Lastly something for the calmer people who always have their nose in a book. The Boston Book Festival is held annually and consists of local writers, speakers, and even book award winners who talk about all aspects of reading and writing. You can go to the speaker events, meet your favorite authors, or even get some discounted books from participating bookstores. 

I love anything makeup, hair, and fashion and I love meeting new people!