What Your Favorite Disney Princess Says About You

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Growing up with the magical world of Disney, I definitely had my princess phase when it came to the original Disney princesses. I had my favorites and many people have their favorites like Cinderella, Jasmine, Aurora (a.k.a Sleeping Beauty), Mulan, and so on. However, each Disney princess has a unique story which formed a strong preference for one or a few over the others, for many. So if you have a favorite Disney Princess, here’s what it says about you.

1. Cinderella

If Cinderella is your favorite princess, you are someone who likes the simple things in life and does not ask for too much. Also, you are probably a hard worker who is open to receiving help when it is offered. Then, you could be the friend that others want to help out or treat with something nice! Lastly, you may be sensitive to harsh words or criticism, which makes sense considering Cinderella was not treated kindly by her stepmother and sisters.

1. Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)

Aurora was my first favorite Disney princess and even though she is sleeping for the majority of her film, she is highly underrated! If she is your favorite too, then you are likely to be a romantic, kind, and guarded person. Similarly to this princess, you have a classy and pure aura but are also a little gullible at times. 

1. Jasmine

Ah Jasmine, the princess with a very interesting love story. If this classic beauty is your favorite, you are someone with a free spirit and a sarcastic personality. Princess Jasmine knows what she wants and is not afraid to go after it. *cough* *cough* Her adventure with Aladdin. Like Jasmine, you probably do not care much about what others say or think about you. You are living your life and that is all that matters.

1. Mulan

Mulan is unique because in her story we see her getting her hands really dirty and taking very big risks! Like Mulan, you are a no-nonsense type of person, who is also very loyal and family-oriented. Also, you most likely are not quick to hop on a bandwagon or go with the norm; you are certainly bold and stand out from other people.

I could go on and on about all the different Disney princesses and their relation to someone’s personality. However, I wanted to highlight that usually, it is their story and personality that one may find relatable and have a strong connection with. But, do not let this be the deciding factor of who you are. I think a message to take from Disney princesses should be to love yourself and have fun, no matter who your favorite is!

Hi! My name is Celeste and I am currently a senior, majoring in Health Science at Lasell University. On campus, I am involved in a variety of clubs such as HerCampus, the Student Government Association as the VP of Academics, the Campus Activities Board, and the Knitting Club. Also, I intern at a health center as a patient resource advocate and I work at the IT Help Desk on my campus. In my spare time, my favorite things to do are read, watch videos or movies, and sit and chat with my friends!