“What Would Coco Wear” 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

On September 25, an informal fashion show premiered at Roche Bobois, a home goods store in Boston. This show was called “What Would Coco Wear?” This show was not like most fashion shows, and guests were not sure what to expect.

This wasn’t a show where guests sit in white wooden chairs and take professional photos of models on the runway. These models came up and posed for the guests’ iPhone cameras as they sat on $1,500 chairs and $20,000 couches. The models showed the attendees exactly what ‘Coco’ would wear.

Models hung up their heels for sneakers, leather for fur, and suede for tulle. Coco showed a new look involving dark lipsticks and jeweled necklaces. Few models wore stilettos, and opted to wear sneakers with tulle skirts and vintage Guns N’ Roses t-shirts.

Many models wore fancy outfits such as trench coats and flared pants, but most dressed plainly with their hair pulled back tightly. Coco took high-end clothes and showed guests how to wear them for multiple occasions, whether it’s dressing up or going casual.

This show was not how guests expected it to be, but it was well worth the trip. It was amazing to see the hard work that went into the show and how well it was put together.

*All photos taken by author.