Hero Copy
Hero Copy
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

What SpongeBob Squarepants Character Are You Based on Your Zodiac Sign?

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Spongebob Squarepants has been on air since 1990. This show has been a staple cartoon for many childhoods and counting. Throughout the show, many timelines overlap, this could be due to the different writers writing on different episodes. Especially with the new rewritten timeline to better fit their spin-off show Kamp Koral, which follows the same characters in a summer camp setting with the characters playing as either camp counselors or campers, completely changing the ages from before. I will disregard any birthdays and timelines that were discussed in the show and give my opinion of which zodiac is best suited for each main character based on personality.

1. SpongeBob Squarepants as Sagittarius 

Our main sponge is a kind-hearted and optimistic Bob. Often due to his childlike nature, he can be irresponsible at times.

1. Gary the Snail as Cancer

Gary is loyal to his sponge and sometimes can be a little moody when it comes to bath time and feeding time.

1. Patrick Star as Pisces 

Patrick can be a bit sensitive and imaginative but at times can be gullible. We still love his compassion towards SpongeBob.

1. Squidward Tentacles as Leo

Squidward is a creative octopus with a passion for the performing arts. Squidward tends to be patronizing to some of the people in the bikini bottom and bossy when he wants to be alone.

1. Mr.Krabs as Taurus 

This hardworking krab is very determined to get the most money through his mouth-watering patties. Also, he is a bit stubborn and greedy when it comes to his establishment and money.

1. Plankton as a Scorpio 

Sheldon J. Plankton, just like his rival is a very determined creature, planning to get the secret formula. This leads to him being obsessive and jealous of Krabs. 

1. Sandy Cheeks as Aquarius

She’s smart, and caring to people she is close with but she gets a little crazy when something isn’t her way.

1. Karen as Virgo

Being a computer wife makes her very critical when it comes to Plankton’s plans and often analytical and practical.  

1. Ms.Puff as a Libra 

Puff is known to be diplomatic and quite romantic with Mr. Krabs. Also, she can sometimes be indecisive and overthink her life choices.

1. Pearl as Gemini

As a teen, Pearl is super social and youthful. Also, she can be superficial when she is hanging out with her school friends versus her friends at the Krusty Krab

1. Larry the Lobster as Capricorn. 

No one grinds like a Capricorn, and Larry the Lobster grinds daily in the gym. Larry can sometimes be commanding when helping his friends in the gym.

1. Flying Dutchman as Aries

He is confident and adventurous when he is exploring on his ship but at times quick-tempered and impulsive.

Yani Galarza is a member of Her Campus at Lasell chapter. Yani is currently a sophomore at Lasell University, studying psychology. Her hobbies include dancing, binge-watching K-dramas, and indulging in sports in her free time. You can find her either in her room trading K-pop photocards or on the third floor of her building with her best friend watching The Nanny while doing work.