This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

In the thick of finals season, all that’s keeping me motivated is daydreaming about summer. All I can think about is jumping in rushing rivers, tanning in my backyard, and driving around with my friends. In reality, I’ll be clocking into a minimum wage job, binging Star Trek, and walking my dogs. 

With the utopian guise of social media, it can seem like everyone’s summer is sunset beach trips and tropical getaways. This can leave those of us stuck at home dejected with a serious case of FOMO. So this week, I wanted to get to the bottom of what Lasell students are really doing this summer. 

The Worker Bees

Any college student knows the summer is prime time to save up as much money as possible, and hope you can coast on it for the semester. Some people like to keep their schedules open and work a few hours a week, while others like to grind 40 hours a week. Here’s where some Lasell students are working this summer!

Alyssa: “I’ll be working at Applebees.”

Alexis G.: “Staying on campus, working at the admissions office, working at a restaurant waitressing, and working on an internship!”

Olivia: “I’ll be working at either of my restaurant jobs.”

The Internships

Like the worker bees, many people spend their summers getting their internship credits. It’s a great time to be able to dedicate yourself to advancing your career in your chosen field. Hopefully, you also get to be paid for your work!

Yali: “Going to be working on my internship & going to concerts and hanging out with friends!”

Julia M.: “I will be staying on campus to do an internship with a luxury fashion boutique & will be spending time in Boston with friends. ”

The Squad Goals

One thing about making friends in college is that unfortunately, you may not be anywhere near each other in the summer. Personally, I’ll be an hour away from one of my best friends and two hours from the other. However, summer can be a great time to reconnect with friends from back home. With long days ahead, many plans to fill their summer with endless hangouts. 

Ceci: “Working at my summer job and hanging with friends!”

Liv: “Having lots of bonfires.”

Kaylee: “Hanging out with my boyfriend and going to the beach.”

As always, if you’d like to know what I’ll be up to, you’ll just have to ask! 

Julia LaPlante is the Vice President and Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Lasell. She oversees and assissts and E and S boards as well as the copy editing team. Away from Her Campus, Julia is a senior English major at Lasell. She works at Lasell's library as she studies towards her Masters in Library and Information Science. In her free time, Julia enjoys reading gothic literature, watching nerdy television shows, and walking in nature. Julia deeply believes in the importantce of mindfulness and chocolate to ones attitude.