Life > Experiences

What it Was Like For HC Lasell to Put on Our Halloween Concert Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

On October 21st, 2021, HerCampus Lasell embarked on one of their biggest on-campus events, our Halloween Concert. Our musical performer, Joshua Sweet, did an amazing job entertaining the crowd and through all of the Halloween costume masks, it was so clear that the 125 attendees were having a great time. 

There is a lot of work that goes into planning something like this, and as an Event Management major, I was truly able to learn so much about concert planning, an area I had not covered in my studies thus far. Things such as timing, how to know what was needed, and how to keep the crowd continually engaged were topics I was able to learn through planning this event with my team. 

From the very beginning, our team, along with Joshua’s and our school radio station, WLAS, had a lot to do. Our E-board held multiple meetings with them to ensure that we were fully prepared for this event. We discussed things such as order of events, things we needed to do, posters, how to reach out to our audience, and what each group needed to be able to pull this off successfully. Our radio station handled the karaoke portion of the event, while our members hosted the event and ran various contests, such as a raffle, costume contest, and an apple cider donut eating contest. Josh brought in his own band and DJ to keep the party going all night. He played his own hit tracks, as well as covers of songs such as, “Thriller,” to keep the Halloween vibe going. 

It was great to see this event come together. Our HC team worked flawlessly to make this event a success. Since I have never planned a concert before, it was great to see this side of the event process. Something that had not really resonated with me until this was how to decorate a stage, because you have to make sure that you are not overcrowding, to allow for the performer to have full range of the space. 

I was so proud of our team and our ability to plan and execute such an amazing event! Keep a look out for other events we put on this year!

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)