Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

What ‘Gilmore Girls’ Character Are You Based on Your Zodiac Sign

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This is the perfect time of year to be watching Gilmore Girls, with the chilly air, and colorful leaves falling. Each character in this show feels like a friend. So which character are you?

Aries – Paris Geller

Aries is a very fiery and confident sign. They also love a good competition and coming in first place. Aries can be very passionate and bold in certain situations. With all this information given, the character that most resembles this fire sign is Paris Geller. Paris is extremely smart, loves to compete, and dives headfirst into challenging situations. She has confidence in herself and has self-determination, which is often inspiring. Not only are Aries headstrong, but they also love to have fun and live life to the fullest. Although at the start of the show Paris can struggle with this, once she is comfortable she tends to enjoy her time. 

Taurus – Emily Gilmore

Taurus. They love comfort and luxury in their life. They are also extremely loyal creatures, and dependable in times of need. If you are a Taurus, you give off Emily Gilmore energy. You love to enjoy little luxuries, whether that be a bubble bath, fancy tea with friends, or a nice dinner out. Do not underestimate a Taurus for this, though, as they are also extremely steadfast and loyal. Emily Gilmore does not waver when she puts her mind to something and often gets her way because she does not give up. 

Gemini – Sookie St. James

Gemini is a very unique sign. They are curious and tend to move very fast. They make quick decisions, and when they embarrass themselves they don’t even tend to bat an eye. Moving on is one of their strengths. Sookie St. James, the silly, quick, often clumsy but extremely social and emotionally aware chef, fits the profile for Gemini. Geminis tend to be good at sharing their emotions outwardly, and expressing how they feel. Sookie does this well in Gilmore Girls, and when she has a problem with something, whether that be how something is being done in the kitchen or how a friend is treating her, she is honest about it. An aspect I absolutely love about Sookie is her curiosity. She always wants to know what her food tastes like, and how to improve things. 

Cancer – Luke Danes 

Cancers are all about comfort, intuition, and protectiveness. Does this make you think of Luke from the diner? Luke is strong in protecting his own emotions as well as the emotions of Rory and Lorelai, his favorite people. Cancers may sometimes come off as cold and distant, but they are truly loving, genuine people. Once you get to know a Cancer they will begin to open up more with you. Luke opens up to Lorelai and Rory because he loves them, and cares for them so deeply. 

Leo – Lorelai Gilmore

This fire sign is passionate, determined, and oftentimes dramatic. Drama is not a bad thing though, it can give Leo a very fun personality. With this said, the most fitting character for these qualities is no one other than Lorelai Gilmore. She is witty and loves to over-dramatize everything in her life in the most bubbly and exciting way. She is also a natural leader, both in the workplace and as a mother and friend. She loves the spotlight, just as Leo does, and if she can make a situation about herself she will. She is always determined to get what she wants and works hard for everything she has. 

Virgo – Michel Gerard

Logical, systematic, and organized are all qualities of a Virgo. Who does this sound like? Michel Gerard. Michel occupies each of these characteristics in the workplace, often responding to phone calls and customers. Virgos can also be judgemental, which is one of Michel’s most prevalent qualities, oftentimes directed toward Lorelai. One of their traits is also being quick to fix things. In the show, Michel usually has an answer for problems that occur at the inn and can fix things fast.

Libra – Rory Gilmore

Libras can oftentimes be people pleasers. This is not necessarily a bad thing, because it means you care so deeply for the people around you. Libras are also very good at finding a balance in companionship and balancing their relationships with their personal life. Rory Gilmore is the epitome of a Libra. Rory is a consistent person both in school and in her personal life, ensuring that she has an organized plan or rhythm. She also is almost always looking for ways to please everyone she loves. Commitment is a large aspect of the lives of Libras and the life of Rory Gilmore. She is committed to herself, her education, and the people she loves.  

Scorpio – Jess Mariano

Ooo Scorpios. You resemble the mysterious yet driven characteristics of Jess Mariano. Scorpios tend to be misunderstood and misrepresented in the Zodiac world. However, Scorpios tend to know what they want and work hard to get what they wish for. In Gilmore Girls, Jess did just that with Rory. He knew he wanted her and stopped at no lengths to end up with her. Scorpios are also often controlled by their egos and sometimes think highly of themselves. This can end both positively and negatively. In Jess’ case, it ended positively when he got the girl however his high ego also affected his life poorly sometimes. 

Sagittarius – Richard Gilmore

Sagittarius is represented by curiosity, adaptability, and passion. They usually have great stories or can tell an average story extravagantly. Of all the Gilmore Girl characters, Richard Gilmore does this best. He is passionate about his work, so much so that after retirement he started his own business. He was able to adapt and explore more parts of life that he enjoyed, like golfing. When he tells stories about his travels or his college life, he can make it sound like the best experience ever. 

Capricorn – Logan Huntzberger 

Resiliency, ambition, rebelliousness. These are all qualities of a Capricorn. With that said, the most fitting character for this sign is none other than Logan Huntzberger. Logan is an ambitious guy who loves a good party but can also be smart about how he spends his time. He is also a strong leader, which qualifies as Capricorn as well. Logan has goals set for himself and works to follow through with them even if others do not think he can. 

Aquarius – Lane Kim

Aquarius are innovative, progressive, and rebellious beings. They also tend to have a good sense of fashion along with other aspects of their life. Lane Kim possesses all of these qualities, including amazing musical taste. She is curious and sometimes goes against her parents so that she can discover new things outside of their boundaries. Although she is sometimes a rebel, Lane also has a sensitive side and requires love and support from Rory and her family. 

Pisces – Dean Forester Pisces feel lots of emotions and sometimes have trouble controlling these feelings. They are empathetic and compassionate. Dean is a character who has a lot of emotions, especially when it comes to Rory Gilmore. In my opinion, I do not like Dean, but that does not mean I do not like Pisces. I believe that the characteristics of Pisces are amazing ones to have because they make them loving and caring people.

Hello! My name is Olivia Prisco and I am a Psychology Major at Lasell University in the class of 2026. I am from Cape Cod, Massachusetts and I enjoy writing, playing tennis, and watching comedies. I am excited to be a part of the HER Campus community.