Wellness > Mental Health

The Ultimate Self-Care Routine for When You’re on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As a full-time college student who is always stressed out, I’m always looking for self-care methods that are budget-friendly and won’t break the bank. Self-care is super important for your health, especially with this semester coming to a close in just a few weeks. That’s why taking time for yourself is important for your health. Taking some time at the end of your busy day to relax and take care of yourself is not selfish (in case you needed to hear that). It’s something everyone should do. These items are stuff I’ve been utilizing for years. They’ve helped me to relax and unwind while allowing myself to show myself some love.

1. It’s no secret that face masks are amazing. I love going to Target and checking out the different kids available. My favorite brand is called Yes To. They usually have their own section at Target and are super cheap. They range from $1.99 to $3.99 for the 33oz packets. 

2. It’s also no secret that I live for journaling. This is one of the major ways that I get my thoughts out at the end of the day. All you need for this is a notebook and a pen, which you can usually just find in your house. Just let it all out! 

3. Go for a walk. Luckily, this one is free. Just grab some headphones and go walk around the block. I love doing this to clear my head and think. If it’s too cold out, just open your windows for a bit and let some fresh air in. 

4. Netflix. My best friend. Watch a few episodes of the series you’ve been to busy to watch because of school work. 

5. Get creative. You can do this with anything around the house. Draw in a notebook, cut up some old magazines and make a collage, write in a journal. Getting creative is a great way of relaxing. I like to curl up in bed with a sketchbook and just doodle. 

Gabriela Giubilo is a senior at Lasell College. She is majoring in Event Management with a minor in Psychology. She loves to read, watch tv, spend lots of time on Tumblr, and hang out with friends in family. She just completed a semester abroad in Queensland, Australia. Her goal is to work as an event designer and move to LA.