Trick Your SO into Thinking You Can Bake with These Lazy Valentine’s Day Treats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It’s Valentine’s day and you are starting to feel the pressure. If you are anything like me and my SO, then there seems to be a misconception that you can actually bake when you actually depend on premade mixes and really don’t really have the time. Or maybe you promised your friends to bring some baked goods and you’re running late. I am about to share two sneaky, quick baked goods to share during Valentine’s day.

1. The Easiest Cookie Batter

If you don’t find the sweetness of a cake this is a great cookie hack. You can use any kind of cake batter you want… yellow, colored, chocolate, etc. There are so many options to customize this cookie batter to fit your preferences.

Supplies:

-cake batter

-one third cup cooking oil

-two eggs

-sprinkles and/or chocolate chips (optional)

Step 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

Step 2. Add the cake mix into a bowl and stir in the oil and two eggs, make sure to leave out the suggested amount of water because the batter will be too loose. The batter should be thick and evenly mixed. 

Step 3. You can add in optional chocolate chips to the batter and stir it in.

Step 4. Use a tablespoon and make small balls on a baking sheet about two inches apart. Flatten down the balls, you can add sprinkles on top as an optional decoration before baking.  

Step 5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, they should be brown around the edge. Wait 10 minutes to cool before serving.

2. Pillsbury Pastries

I have been making this recipe for about three years and is one of my favorite faux pastries because it requires the least amount of items. This is a basic recipe that you can play with. I have even braided the crescent rolls in the past and stuffed it with apples and brown sugar.

Supplies:

-Pillsbury Cresent Roll

-Cream cheese or cheese alternative

-Jam

Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Step 2. Open the pack of crescent roll and cut in two-inch sections. Press down in the middle of the circle to create indentations. 

Step 3. Scoop the cream cheese and spread a thin layer in the middle, then add some of your preferred jam on top.

Step 4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until flaky and brown around the edges. Wait 10 minutes to cool before you serve.

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.