Trending Campus: Floral Prints

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

If you’re at the mall and you see beautiful floral print, whether it’s a dress, shirt, blazer, blouse, or pants, buy it!  With less than a month left of winter, floral prints are the hottest trend for the spring season.  Don’t think you can pull off an attention grabbing print like this?  Here are some ways to wear this fabulous trend without looking foolish.

Pair a floral blouse with a solid colored blazer, jeans, flats or boots.

Try a floral button down shirt under a neutral colored sweater paired with jeans, riding boots or flats for a bit of a preppy look.  This minimizes the amount of print showing to create a more conservative and toned down look.

Go bold with a pair of floral print pants, a solid colored blazer or top, and flats. 

A bit of advice on wearing this spring trend:  If you’re a petit person, try to find a smaller print.  If you buy a garment with a large print, it overwhelms your frame.  Taller people are able to wear larger prints because it’s suits their stature.  Always try to find a balance between prints, body size, and frame.