Top 10 Reasons to Do Yoga

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Are you to busy to go to the gym? Do you hate going to the gym? If your answer is yes to theses questions, the solution is…Yoga!

Flexibility-Can you touch your toes? Does your body feel stiff? Yoga can help with flexibility problem. It is a great way of stretching your body and making it more limber.

Strength-Yoga moves, such as downward dog, are a great way to build strength in your entire body.

Stress Reliever-If homework and jobs are stressing you out, yoga is a great way to relieve stress. Yoga calms the body and the mind down.

Calorie Burner-Yoga is a great way to burn calories. Instead of feeling sore in the morning because of the gym, yoga won’t leave you sore.

Improve your sleep-Yoga helps relax the body and leads to a better night sleep.

Posture-Yoga eliminates slouching and overall improves your posture.

Outlook-Yoga not only helps your body. Yoga can improve the your outlook on life in a positive way and also builds confidence.

Mind Set-Yoga leads to a healthy lifestyle. Practicing you will make you want to eat and drink healthy.

Meditation-Meditation is a great way to calm the mind and body. It also helps with any problems or troublesome situations you may be experiencing.

Time-Yoga is a great way to work the body in a short time. You can still get that great feeling of working out by doing a few yoga poses in a couple of minutes.

Check out these great yogis on Youtube: Tara Stiles, Yoga with Adriene, Sadi Nardini, and Kathryn Budig. 

Photos courtesy of Google Images