yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

The Top 10 Disney Halloween Movies to Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

We all have seen a Disney movie, whether you want to admit it or not. But we all agree that Disney Halloween movies are some of the best. Here are the top 10 Disney Halloween movies to watch.

Hocus Pocus

Max and his sister Dani move to Salem, Massachusetts. They explore an abandoned house with their new friend Allison. Allison tells them a superstitious story, to which Max and Dani dismiss. Max unintentionally frees the evil coven of witches that used to live in the house. With the help of a black cat, they must steal the magic spell book in order to keep the witches from becoming immortal.

Halloweentown

After Marnie learns that she is a witch, she must help save Halloweentown from a dark force.

Nightmare Before Christmas

One day while bored, Halloweentown’s Pumpkin King Jack Skellington accidentally stumbles into Christmas Town. He devises a plan to bring Christmas under his control by kidnapping Santa Claus and taking over the role himself.

Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge

Kalabar, an enemy of the Cromwell family, wants to turn trick-or-treaters into the costumes they’re wearing. Together, the Cromwells must put a stop to him and his evil plan.

Twitches

Twins reunited on their 21st birthday must come together and use their powers to save their kingdom from the darkness.

Haunted Mansion

Workaholic dad Jim Evers takes his family on a vacation. On the way, the family stops at an ominous mansion that Jim has been asked to sell. The family discovers that it’s haunted by Master Gracey, his butler, Ramsley, and two other spirits who need help breaking a curse.

Halloweentown High

Marnie and her friends from Halloweentown get the chance to go to high school in the mortal world. With the help of Grandma Aggie, she is able to convince the town council to go along with the suggestion on one condition. If anything dangerous happens as a result of them being there, they will lose their powers for good. While in the mortal world, the Knight of the Iron Dagger is determined to wipe out Marnie and her supernatural friends.

Twitches Too

After finding out that they are twitches, Alex and Camryn must go to the Shadowlands to find out if their missing father is alive.

Frankenweenie

Victor’s loses his dog Sparky after he was hit by a car. Victor decides to bring him back to life. With his bolt-necked “monster” dog wreaking havoc on his neighbors, he must find a way to convince them that he’s still the same lovable Sparky that he’s always been.

Return to Halloweentown

Even if they changed one of the main characters and made everyone mad..

Marnie and Dylan have finally finished high school and are going to Halloweentown U, a college in Halloweentown. Marnie is offered a full scholarship, but mom Gwen is worried that she will get into trouble, so she sends Dylan with her. The students can’t use magic at the school, and Marnie finds out she is partly to blame for it. One day, a box with S. Cromwell inscribed on it magically appears in front of Marnie. Many people at school believe that Marnie used her magic to conjure up the box, while she believes that fate brought it to her.

Gabriela Giubilo is a senior at Lasell College. She is majoring in Event Management with a minor in Psychology. She loves to read, watch tv, spend lots of time on Tumblr, and hang out with friends in family. She just completed a semester abroad in Queensland, Australia. Her goal is to work as an event designer and move to LA.