Life > Experiences

These Were the Cutest Animals at the New England Aquarium

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

The last few weeks of college have been stressful for everyone that I know. Assignments, frustrating professors, fights with roommates or friends, everyone is stressed. Personally, I was tired of it, so my friend and I decided to take a day, relax, and go to the New England Aquarium. Because I had such a blast, I want to share some of my favorite fishies and other aquatic creatures I saw that day. Plus a few fun facts!

The Jellyfish (also known as “jellies”)

I have to admit, jellyfish will always be my favorite exhibit at any aquarium. They’re gorgeous and every time I see a new breed I lose my mind a little. I’m stunned by them (not literally of course). Most people know that jellyfish have no brains or other organs, however, I recently discovered that almost all of their movement comes from the currents they are swept in. 

Sea Turtle

Sea turtles will always be one of my favorite animals of all time. The New England Aquarium did not disappoint at all. They had one of the largest sea turtles I have ever seen and it was absolutely magnificent. The sea turtle had been resting and stuck in its spot, so my friend and I had a fun little moment where we cheered the turtle on until it was up and swimming again. While most turtles are known for hiding in their shells, sea turtles actually can’t! 

Poison Dart Frogs Now my last one hopefully doesn’t seem odd, but I’ve always loved the intense colors of poison dart frogs. I think they are so cool to look at and it’s incredible how their colors developed from nature. Poison dart frogs are actually so colorful because they tell other animals to back off and stay away. They have enough poison to bring down at least 20 humans.

Jade Durkee

Lasell '25

Hi! I'm Jade Durkee, I'm a junior Psychology major at Lasell University. I'm from Hopatcong, New Jersey. I love reading, video games, crocheting, and playing piano.