The Top 2 Dramione Fanfictions in my Humble Opinion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

If you do not like Dramione or have no idea what that is, this article is not for you. Now that the Dramione stans are here, or I have caught your attention, let me give you some backstory. Dramione is a fan ship of the characters from the Harry Potter series Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger. I know this sounds completely barbaric, but if you like this ship then you understand. I am also convinced most people who write Dramione are secretly just authors under a pen name because some of these fanfictions are written so beautifully. Moreover, you can find almost any trope your heart desires with this pairing. Looking for some enemies to lovers, the one bed, something more fluffy, or something spicier? Dramione has it all. 

Now while I could just copy and paste my master list here, I want to spotlight two of my favorite fics. One is on the more fluffy side if you are not a fan of the dark stuff, but if you are I have one of those too. 

Remain Nameless by HeyJude19 

Remain Nameless by HeyJude19 can be found on the platforms AO3 and Wattpad. This fic is more of an office fluff rather than a war tragedy. This fic takes place a couple of years after the war following the defeat of Voldemort. Hermione Granger is working her way up the ministry, and Draco Malfoy is just trying to find the will to get out of bed every day after kicking a potion addiction. On a random day in a muggle cafe, their paths cross and Draco suddenly looks forward to getting out of bed and meeting with Hermione at the cafe. You will fall in love with the version of Draco Malfoy. We still see a bit of that arrogant arse that Draco is, but we also see how unconditionally he loves Hermione. This fic follows the ups and downs of their relationship, and did I mention it is spicy? Anyway, if you are looking to get into the Dramione world, I recommend starting with this one as it is not so dark. It had me laughing until I cried, and crying because of the absolute sappiness that is this fic. 

The Auction Series

The Auction Series by LovesBitca8 might be my all-time favorite. This is a 3-part series. The first is called The Right Thing to Do which is another office-type fluff from Hermione’s POV a couple of years after the war in favor of the light side. The second is called All the Wrong Things, which is Draco’s POV of the first book. And finally, The Auction is an AU (alternate universe) where the war ended in favor of Voldemort. While The Auction can be technically read as a stand-alone, I think it is important to read the whole series, and in order, because you will grow more attached and see how clever the author is in placing parallels throughout all 3 books. I have re-read this series probably 4 times now, and it never gets old. I fall in love all over again with the characters and their journeys. Moreover, while the third book is quite a bit darker than the first two, I think it still has a nice balance. I really cannot say enough good things about this fic. The whole series can be found on the platform AO3. 

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!