This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

During Valentine’s Day, we as people plan our day around love. Whether that be the presence or absence of it; love centralizes that warm, fuzzy feeling inside us that makes us feel all giddy. For me, listening to music and treating myself is how I like to spend my Valentine’s Day. Music centralizes those feelings and channels them to make different genres, moods, and vibes that perfectly convey how you’re feeling. Whether it’s happiness from a new love, sadness and anger from a recent break-up, or reminiscing on memories with your soulmate- there will always be a song that can almost perfectly convey your truest of feelings. So with that, I wanted to share some love songs that I feel should be on everyone’s Love/Romance Playlist.

New Love/Falling In Love

When it comes to falling in love with someone, the emotions that we have range by a lot. Some of us are scared because the feeling is new or because we’ve been hurt before. Meanwhile, others are excited to see where the relationship will head to. For this, my top song recommendations would be these songs:

Reminiscing on Past relationships

In this category, I wanted to channel the feelings of a love that may not have worked out well, but for some reason, you have an unexpected pull towards this person. They linger in your mind and make you relive all of those positive and negative emotions that ultimately lead to the end of the relationship. These were the songs that I felt highlighted these feelings well: 

“I can fall in love with you all over again”

Now this category was probably the hardest one for me, as I feel like this could apply to relationships that have ended or that have been super strong. Whether it was the right person  wrong time, or someone who you plan on spending the rest of your life with, I feel like these songs capture the feelings of our purest, naive love: 

Break-Ups

I think that almost everyone probably has a gigantic breakup playlist already. But, I wanted to add these so that people can discover new artists that may help them really channel all of those negative feelings. That’s why I chose these: 

Love is something that is subjective, and everyone feels it in a different way. I hope that by reading this you were able to discover how you love, as well as some new artists/songs that you may not have known about. 

I love anything makeup, hair, and fashion and I love meeting new people!