The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Women’s History Month is upon us, and it’s time to start thinking about some of the most influential and empowering women in our society today. There are so many that come to mind, but here is my list of some of the women I feel deserve to be recognized this month. They are hardworking, successful, and extremely strong. 

1. Taylor Swift

I know that not everyone is a major fan of Taylor Swift and her music, or what the public calls a “Swiftie”. However, you can’t run from the fact that Taylor Swift has accomplished so much, and is one of the most influential women in pop culture today. Swift has always had a way of including women’s empowerment and strength in her music. Some people may think that her songs are just about boys doing her wrong. But if you listen to the lyrics and tone a little more you will realize that her music is more about the strength she as a woman held during these situations she went through, and how she grew from her experiences. Swift has also been involved in different forms of activism for a long time. She has donated to many charities including the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and the Cancer Research Institute. Taylor Swift continues to support the rights of the LGBTQ+ community as well. 

1. Selena Gomez

Another major female figure in pop culture today is Selena Gomez, and boy has she been going through a lot. Gomez is the definition of “ the bigger person”, as she continues to love through all the hate she has been receiving from others. Gomez has so many positive characteristics that other women should try to follow, as she is extremely kind, supportive, and strong. Gomez has always been very supportive of her friends, and always wants to see them at their best, including Taylor Swift and author Raquelle Stevens. Selena Gomez has been extremely strong lately, with all the hate she has been receiving from the Hailey Bieber drama. She has been doing a great job of protecting her peace, and not returning the hate and negative energy. 

1. Malala Yousafzi 

Ever since she was shot in 2012, Malala Yousafzi has been a very powerful and inspiring woman and figure to look up to. As a survivor, she is extremely strong, emotionally and physically. She was also able to use her scary experience as motivation and a way to help the cause she is so passionate about. She is an advocate for girls and women in Pakistan to receive a proper education, and not be controlled by men and the government. She is an amazing public speaker and has received the Nobel Peace Prize and the Glamour Awards for the Girls’ Hero. At only 25 years old, Malala has accomplished so much and is truly an inspiration to young girls and women all around the world.

Each of these lovely women is someone for young girls and adult women to look up to and be inspired by, not just this month, but all year long. They have each accomplished so much at young ages and have gone through so much hate and negativity, coming out on the other side even stronger.

Hello! My name is Olivia Prisco and I am a Psychology Major at Lasell University in the class of 2026. I am from Cape Cod, Massachusetts and I enjoy writing, playing tennis, and watching comedies. I am excited to be a part of the HER Campus community.