Career > Her20s

The Importance of Having Friends in Various Grades in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Throughout the past few years at Lasell, I have had friends in many different grades who have all shaped me and my college experience in many ways. They have allowed me to learn so much about Lasell and what life is truly all about. 

As a freshman, I truly looked up to my friends who were older than me. They taught me so much about the clubs I was in, how to start my job search, and how to handle life situations that may occur as we get older. A previous HC President, Liz, actually passed her torch to me my freshman year when she was graduating. For our school, passing the torch is a celebration on-campus where seniors pass down a torch to a younger student as if they were passing their Lasell legacy down to them. I also learned how to handle friendships and relationships throughout college with their help, which has helped me immensely. 

Now that I am a senior myself, I have gained a lot of friends in the younger grades. Since they are newer to college, they always remind me to take a break once in a while, have a laugh and have some fun. They are always willing to go on adventures and also help me to understand what is going on around campus. I go with many of them to on-campus events that I may not have known about if it was not for them. They also understand their grades more, so they are crucial when planning on-campus events for our clubs. These friends are some of my best friends and I am so glad that college brought us together. 

I also have some friends in my own grade. These are my Day 1 college friends who are going through everything that I am with me. We can talk about senior events, go out for some drinks on a Thursday night, and get through grueling final classes together. I don’t know what I would do without them, as they are the most relatable to my current experiences. 

All of these friends are so important to me, and I cannot wait to continue to make more memories with them.

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)