This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Binge-watching a show is one of my favorite activities, especially as a college student when I want to give my brain a break from studying and working on assignments. But oftentimes, I tend to run into the issue of not knowing what to watch when I want to unwind. However, there are staple series that I love to re-watch, new series that have been released, and shows that I have yet to see. So, here is a short list of the best shows to binge when you have the busy schedule of a college student.

1. New Girl

New Girl is one of the funniest and most comforting tv-shows to watch out there. It is perfect for when you want to relax and forget about the stressors that are a part of the college experience. I watched New Girl for the first time during my sophomore year and it was the best decision I could have made. This was during the pandemic when we were stuck inside and almost everything was bleak. New Girl was my saving grace that year because its lovable characters, Schmidt, Nick, Winston, and Jess,  gave me the laughs I needed on those hard days. So, I recommend New Girl because it is surely a 10/10.

1. Peaky Blinders

I do not know where to begin when it comes to Peaky Blinders; it is captivating, suspenseful, and just overall very impressive! This show is set in Britain during the early to mid-1900s and follows the story of a powerful gang, the Peaky Blinders after the Great War ended. The characters are played by amazing actors such as Cillian Murphy, Helen McCrory, Tom Hardy, and many more. Also, with five seasons, there are more than enough episodes to keep you entertained for a while. 

1. How to Get Away with Murder

If you love the law, crime, and mystery-related shows, then How to Get Away with Murder gives you that and so much more. In this show, Viola Davis steals the show with her amazing performance as Annalise Keating. She chooses a group of students from her course called How to Get Away with Murder, to help her with her cases. But, things quickly take a dark turn as secrets and mysteries arise. This show sucks you in and you can’t stop watching!

These three shows are perfect for the binging experience and definitely keep you occupied. Also, if these are not your cup of tea, my other recommendations include The Crown (a dramatic re-telling of the Royal Family), Criminal Minds, Euphoria, You, and Love Island. But, it does not end there because there are so many binge-worthy shows out there that suit different interests. So, enjoy your binging experience!

Hi! My name is Celeste and I am currently a senior, majoring in Health Science at Lasell University. On campus, I am involved in a variety of clubs such as HerCampus, the Student Government Association as the VP of Academics, the Campus Activities Board, and the Knitting Club. Also, I intern at a health center as a patient resource advocate and I work at the IT Help Desk on my campus. In my spare time, my favorite things to do are read, watch videos or movies, and sit and chat with my friends!