This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

To preface, I currently have one tattoo. It is on my left forearm. It is a tribute to some of my best friends, my mom, and myself. It is my birth month flower and the stem forms cursive lettering of the word “always.” This is something I say to my friends, I am always going to be there for them. Additionally, I have the Aquarius constellation surrounding the flowers with little hearts and stars, and those hearts and stars I had my 3 best friends and my mom draw.  

Hozier Tattoo 

On my left arm, I think I lowkey want a minimalist sleeve. To start this off, I want the lyrics “Born Sick” from Take Me to Church by Hozier. I want this on the back of my arm right above my elbow, and I want the words stacked, in a semi-chunky font. It took me a long time to accept that I am queer, and these lyrics, this song, and the music video hold such a special place in my heart. 

Vines 

This one is more for looks rather than any deep meaning, but I want a set of vines to wrap around my wrist. I want the end of the vine to flow into the end of the “s” of my always tattoo. 

Lavender Bouquet

I think this one I want on my ribcage or my left bicep area, potentially even my thigh. I really want a thigh tattoo, I just cannot decide what I want there. I want a bouquet of lavender. This is another queer tattoo, as lavender is a big symbol in the queer community. 

Mushroom Dude 

This one is a bit more silly, but my mom and I talked about getting matching tattoos, and we think these little mushroom dudes would be good. I personally want the one holding the knife. I think I’d get this on my lower leg area.

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!