As a college student, the words ‘spring break’ make you think beach, sun and parties. Unfortunately, not everyone has the money to travel somewhere else for a week of fun. Many students end up staying home for that one week in March, bored out of their minds and wondering what they can do when their friends aren’t even around. Here are a few ideas on how to make the best ‘staycation’ while you are home on break:
- Go skiing or snowboarding. You hear spring and think there will be warmth and sun, but come on. This is New England. The snow won’t be gone until at least April. Why not make the best of it and head to the slopes? You won’t be alone there.
- Spend time with your family. As a college student, you don’t get to see your family very much. Have dinner with your parents or go out with your sibling one night. You won’t be with your family forever, so make sure to hang out with them for a little bit while you’re still home.
- Catch up with high school friends. If you’re all around for one week at the same time, definitely contact a few of them and see if they want to go out. It will be nice to talk to your old friends and see what they’re doing!
- Sleep. A lot. While your college friends are out partying, you have the ability to sleep for as long as you want with no other duties to fulfill. Want to sleep until noon every day for a week? You can do that. Catch up on that much needed rest while you’re home.
- Indoor Water Park. Even if you aren’t basking in the sun, you can still go on a short trip to an indoor water park and enjoy the waterslides and wave pool. There is The Pump House in Jay, VT; Kahuna Laguna in North Conway, NH; the Great Wolf Lodge in Fitchburg, MA, and others around New England.
- Find an arcade! There are plenty of things to do in an arcade, like playing classic games, bowling, and pool. And of course when you win tickets, you get plenty of options for some prizes. Check out Fun Spot in Laconia, NH, or multiple Dave and Buster’s locations in Braintree or Woburn, MA; Providence, RI; or Manchester, CT.
- Visit a museum. There are plenty of awesome museums around New England, and some of them offer student discounts or even free tickets. Sure, it may not be as fun as partying all night long, but it’s something to do for cheap!
Of course, there are plenty of other ideas besides these few options. Pick up a good book. Catch up on your Netflix queue. Or even, *gasp*, work on homework for your classes. But we all know that won’t happen.