This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It. Is. Officially. Spooky Season!!! I am so excited because this is my favorite time of the year. Between costumes, candy, horror movies, and Halloween, I know for a fact I’m going to have the best month. As a tradition for myself, every year I watch two TV shows that get ready for the chilling season. Here I get to share those with all of you too!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Available on Hulu

I’m not going to lie… this is in fact my favorite TV show ever. Between the plot, the characters, the supernatural elements, and the acting- it is absolutely amazing. This show is about a teenage girl named Buffy who is ‘The Slayer’. What is the slayer you’re wondering? It is a female who will inherit supernatural gifts to slay vampires (these gifts include super-strength and overall badassness). There is only one slayer at a time, whenever one dies the next one is chosen. Besides Buffy, there is her friend group: Willow, Xander, Angel, etc. I swear by this show, whether you’re looking to get in the Halloween mood, or simply need a new show to binge. I promise this is the one for you. 

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Available on Amazon Prime, Hulu, Paramount+ Sabrina the Teenage Witch is such a classic TV show to watch for any age. I remember watching this when I was 9 years old; now I’m almost 20 and I still rewatch it. As you can guess by the name, this show is about a teenager named Sabrina, who happens to be a witch. What makes this show so special is all of the characters and the excitement of each episode. Sabrina has two aunts, Zelda and Hilda, who are both the funniest and craziest characters in the show. They absolutely adore Sabrina and do everything in their power to raise her the right way, however, they are also very unhinged many times. My personal favorite character is Salem, the talking cat who used to be a wizard. If you watch this show, you’ll understand why I love him so much.

Jade Durkee

Lasell '25

Hi! I'm Jade Durkee, I'm a junior Psychology major at Lasell University. I'm from Hopatcong, New Jersey. I love reading, video games, crocheting, and playing piano.