Scandal Season Premiere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

WARNING SPOILER ALERT

“Are we gladiators or are we bitches?” The fourth season of Scandal premiered last Thursday, with Olivia (then Julia) and Jake on a remote island off the coast of Zanzibar. Olivia received an anonymous press clipping detailing Harrison’s death, which gave her one of the only reasons to  trek back to D.C. 

During her impromptu trip, Olivia received a call to help a politician in need. Not wanting to say no, Olivia returns back to OPA and her old self. 

Fitz and Mellie are a whole other story. Mellie is still distraught over the loss of her son, while Fitz is trying to take care of her and fulfill his duties as president. But, even in her alcohol induced stupor, Mellie is still filled with resentment against Fitz when hearing that Liv is back in town, knowing the potential consequences of that. 

Although the heart yearned for a secret meeting in Vermont, Olivia and Fitz were only in the last scene of the show together. The once couple walked by each other in slow motion which felt like a hit and run to my heart, barely making eye contact. The scene gave viewers all the feels, and will keep us hopeless romantics tuning in next week to see what happens.

Taylor is a senior at Lasell majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism and a minor in sociology. She has happily been a member of Her Campus Lasell for the past two years. This will be her second year as Campus Correspondent. She is also involved with Active Minds on campus. Taylor runs a camp during the summer, and in her free time likes to bake cookies, get swoll at the gym, eat fancy food and travel through Europe.