This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

How much comfort food gives you depends on how nostalgic or sentimental the food is to you. Comfort food can be anything that brings up a good memory or is a reliable food to fall back on, which means comfort foods can be different for everyone! Keep reading to see some of America’s most popular below and how they rate based on my experiences. 

Mac and Cheese- 10/10!

This is my personal go-to comfort food! There are so many different versions of macaroni and cheese, and I have never been let down by one of them.

Grilled Cheese- 8/10

Depending on the cheese that is used, a grilled cheese sandwich can be a solid choice! It is even better when combined with a warm soup.

Chicken Noodle Soup- 9/10

This soup is a classic. It has been there for most of us when we were sick or needed to be warmed up from the inside out.

Burritos- 6/10

These are good comfort food! It has a lower rating because it has many elements and is, therefore, more difficult and takes longer to make. You can eat many different types of burritos by mixing up the fillings and having a traditional or breakfast version. They are normally filling and flavorful, making them a good comfort food option.

French Fries- 3/10

Fries can be good comfort food, but they are unreliable. Too often they are cold or floppy instead of flavorful and warm. Made correctly and served quickly, however, they can be delicious. 

Anna is from Maine and is studying fashion at Lasell.