Quick and Easy Pumpkin Spice Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It’s officially the season that turns everyone into a basic white girl… You pull out the yogas and a pair of boots, matched with a scarf while sipping on the drink of the season; a pumpkin spice latte. If you can’t get to the nearest Starbucks, try these easy do it yourself pumpkin spice recipes you can cook up right in your dorm:

Pumpkin Spice Latte

You will need:

• 1 cup of milk

• 2 tablespoons of pure pumpkin puree

• 1 tablespoon sugar

• ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

• ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract

• ¼ cup hot espresso

• whipped cream (if wanted)

Mix the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a microwavable bowl covered with plastic wrap with holes for venting. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, until milk is hot. Then whisk the mixture until it appears foamy.

Pour the coffee into a cup and add the milk mixture. Top it off with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.

Enjoy this tasty, warm drink on the way to class!

Pumpkin Spice Popcorn

You will need:

• microwavable popcorn

• 2 tablespoons of sugar

• 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix the sugar and pumpkin spice together in a bowl.

Pop the popcorn in the microwave.

Sprinkle the blended pumpkin spice and sugar topping over the hot popcorn in the bag and shake it up to distribute it evenly. Enjoy!

Pumpkin Spice Yogurt and Granola Parfait

You will need:

• ¾ cup of canned pumpkin

• 1 tsp agave nectar

• ½ tsp of ground ginger

• ¼ tsp of cinnamon

• ¼ tsp of ground nutmeg

• ¾ cup of plain yogurt

• 1 cup of granola

Mix together the pumpkin, agave nectar, ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg until well blended. In a cup, scoop some of the pumpkin mix into the bottom. Layer the rest with the yogurt, granola, agave nectar, and the pumpkin mix. Enjoy this parfait with a fall twist!

Photos provided by 1, 2, 3